1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Semper FI! I just purchased a new Custom II a few days ago, I still don;t know why except the Pistol is very beautiful and the price was not bad either. Here is the rest of the story; a few years back,I bught a Kimber TLE when they first came out and had nothing but problems with it,Extractor and you could not hit the broad side of a Battleship with it. Next I did not learn a very good lesson from the first one so when the Warrior came out ,being a old Marine I had to have one , No problem with the Pistol working but still the accuracy was horrible, Even at 10 yards. I may not be a expert anymore but 3 inch groups at 10 yards is no good. I hope this New one is better . I heard Kimber has made great improvements in their Pistols in the last few years, I will see! Just wanted to pass this on. It is still a beautiful Weapon .Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Semper FI! I just purchased a new Custom II a few days ago, I still don;t know why except the Pistol is very beautiful and the price was not bad either. Here is the rest of the story; a few years back,I bught a Kimber TLE when they first came out and had nothing but problems with it,Extractor and you could not hit the broad side of a Battleship with it. Next I did not learn a very good lesson from the first one so when the Warrior came out ,being a old Marine I had to have one , No problem with the Pistol working but still the accuracy was horrible, Even at 10 yards. I may not be a expert anymore but 3 inch groups at 10 yards is no good. I hope this New one is better . I heard Kimber has made great improvements in their Pistols in the last few years, I will see! Just wanted to pass this on. It is still a beautiful Weapon .Thanks:confused:
They have indeed lol. I have in Kimber the following:

1. 2 of each of the Raptor line in stainless except the 2 Grand Raptors which are stainless frames with blued slides.

2. 2 Custom II's in blue

3. 1 Custom II in sts

4. 1 Custom TLE

5. 2 Kimber Gold Match

6. 1 Kimber Royal

7. 1 Kimber Warrior, Metaloyed with tac-light and veridian laser.

I retired my Safari Arms Matchmaster 1911 after 22 years of carry in favor of the Kimber Stainless Raptor and Kimber Ultra sts Raptor as backup, both Metaloyed.

Why? The full sized Raptor gives me 1.33" groupings with carry ammo, and the Ultra Raptor gives me 1.35" groupings.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congrats on your fine Kimber Custom II. I still shoot a >

very old Kimber Custom I that must have a bizillion rounds through it. The finish is pretty much gone but the pistol will still shoot a 2" group at 25 yards if you do your part. And the pistol has never had to go back to the factory for any rework or problems, can't complain about that at all! I love NOT having any flesh tearing checkering on the front or backstrap and it's the pistol I use to introduce my students and friends to the 1911 platform. If I were smart I would have just stuck with buying Kimber Customs and forgot all of the other highier priced problem pistols I've gone through over the years.

I hope yours works out well for you this go around!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just took my IE Custom II to the range and shot 150 flawless rounds thru it,

I also found ou that the gun is better than I am capable of shooting:biglaugh:

I think you will be OK this go round

1 - 4 of 4 Posts