1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just purchased a CD FS.
I will be honest, I've seen some good and some bad reviews here so I am a tad concerned. What should I look out for in my new tool? I also have plans to change 3 things at this time and had some questions about compatability.
I would like to put an arched M.S. housing on in place of the flat stock one, will it fit?

I would also like to replace the grips, will standard 1911A1 grips fit?

I would lastly like to replace the sights, are the dovetail cut made to any standard and if so which one?

Thank you for your assistance in advance,
Kestryll

·
Registered
3 Posts
MY CD FS WILL TAKE GOV GRIPS BUT THE SCREWS ARE NOT STANDARD SO IF YOU ORDER HEX HEAD REPLACMENT SCREWS MAKE SURE OF THE THREADS.
A GOOD PLACE TO GET GRIPS AT A DESCENT PRICE
IS CDNN AND THE SIGHTS ARE ALSO NOT A REGULAR
DOVE CUT SO IF YOU REPLACE THEM LOOK TO HAVE SOME SMITH WORK DONE ,I DONT SEE A DIFFERANCE IN THE M S HOUSING COMPARED TO A GOVERMENT 1911A1, IF YOU CALL KBI THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF THE ARE COMPATIBLE GOOD SHOOTING WITH THE NEW PISTOLA.
ONE THING I WOULD RECOMEND IS GET A 17 OR 18
POUND REPLACEMENT WOLF RECOIL SPRING KIT AND WATCH THE FIRING PIN STOP FOR LOOSE PLAY

·
Registered
251 Posts
just saw one come in with cracked extractor which has not been shot much

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I've looked at Brownell's and found a replacement extractor and firing pin stop. I think I will order them and have them changed straight away.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts