1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new C.D. today and I just wanted to say it seems like a good gun overall the fit was tight and the finsh was good too with exception of some minute speckling on the ss near the trigger guard.I have been reading posts on this board for months and I really appreciate the insight and knowledge I have received. I think eventually I want to replace the stock sights ... so I was wondering is there anyone who makes a replacement sight to fit the C.D. dovetails?
Kyle

·
Registered
610 Posts
DoubleSteam,
As of yet, I have been unable to finad any sights made to fir the CD. I even went as far to email CD about a week ago, with no response, as of yet. You can get the exact bevel/base size off of the CD site, and order something close. More than likey, you will have to get a gunsmith to cut your slide, unless you are set up to do that sort of machine work yourself.
Good luck and enjoy it, I love mine.

Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been told that the Wilson night sights (Night Eyes?) will fit. No first hand knowledge, just what I was told by a smith.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I ordered a set of Novaks from Brownells and had them installed w/ no cutting.
They were for the standard Colt dovetail.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Which Novaks did you use? The CD dovetails are really odd. They do not match any "standard" dovetails I know of.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used the "semi-auto Novaks"
Brownell's part #: 662-017-004
It says it is for standard Colt dovetail.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey Joe,
Go ahead and order some and put them on that new Chuck you just bought, so I know how they work out. :p

Steve

·
Registered
610 Posts
You mean to tell me that you didn't buy that one? But it was soo purty!
Guess I need to cruise on over to their site and see what they have that's new.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts