1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a black Don Hume H721 OT on Tuesday and have worn it for the first time today.
I've been wanting an OWB to carry my Dan Wesson CBOB in this winter and after reading all the positive reviews on this forum decided to get one myself. I'm not disappointed.
It's a very basic holster (no reinforced opening etc) made of relatively thin leather. It is finished nicely but really is not in the same league as my Sparks VM II (which is what I usually use). When I first saw how thin the leather appeared to be I was a little apprehensive but after the first six hours or so of carrying with it I'm impressed with this thing. It carries nice and high and holds the gun very snug to my body. I've tried one or two other OWB holsters of the "Avenger" style and wasn't keen on how they carried (they weren't snugged up as well and the gun felt "top heavy", pulling away from my torso more). Reholstering takes a bit of care primarily due to the extended body shield ( a great feature), the safety wants to catch it and the leather does bend easily.
All in all I think this is going to be a great rig and from my initial experience I wouldn't hesitate recommending it, especially for $40 or less!

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I own a number of these holsters for 1911s and other guns. I love them!! They are well made, reasonably priced, and comfortable. I live where it is hot a lot of the year, so a t-shirt/pull over shirt is all that is worn(plus pants...of course) That puts the weapon against my skin(and sweat). The leather body shield really makes a huge difference in comfort from the 1911 thumb safety,and protection of the weapon's finish. I think you will be pleased for years to come with your choice.....Doc

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,296 Posts
I have one for my N-frame Smith, and while it is an excellent holster, better for real carry use than range or competition use, for the reasons outlined, it cost only $48, delivered.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got one also, and love it. Well made, comfortable, and very reasonable. The sweat guard is great down here in Florida....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts