1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Wondering If Anyone Knew Who The Mfg. Co. Is That Makes Them. They Seem To Be Really Nice Thus Far.

Mike

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just Wondering If Anyone Knew Who The Mfg. Co. Is That Makes Them. They Seem To Be Really Nice Thus Far.

Mike

I believe that a company called Checkmate makes some or ALL new DW mags. I could be wrong but thats what I recall having happened recently. FWIW, I have always loved the Metalform round top follower mags with +10% XP springs. They have always performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm curious myself I just got a CCCBOB in .45 acp. It came with two stainless mags that had sligthly extented plastic floor plates. The followers had a flat plate and they kind of reminded me of the Chip McCormack follower style.

They worked cycling dummy rounds and my old Willson Combat 47d's also funciton. An old blue steel Springfield 7 rounder with a Wilson follower did fine also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Checkmate Is The Manufacurer

The new stainless 8 rnd mags with the black bumper pad and DW logo are manufactured by Checkmate. They have the same rounded metal folower, patent # 6.560.907, as the Kim-Pro mags. And they work very well.

the ol' man

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
The new stainless 8 rnd mags with the black bumper pad and DW logo are manufactured by Checkmate. They have the same rounded metal folower, patent # 6.560.907, as the Kim-Pro mags. And they work very well. the ol' man
FWIW, Sig is now using these in their newest GSR's, also, except those that I've seen with the Sigs have blued followers...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I recently looked at a couple of '07 10mm's at a local retailer and was surprised to see that the CBOB had a seemingly unmarked mag similar to what you described with a plastic follower when the RZ-10 had Metalforms like my RZ came with when new. Maybe they use the Mag-du-Jour method these days but I prefer flush fitting mags in my CBOB to plastic floorplate or bumpered versions available.

I have no experience with the former but I really like the Metalforms I have but may not have enough experience with them to warrant a decent opinion yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts