1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first non-colt 1911 I have purchased in over 15 years. Been reading about the DW thought I would see what all the hype is about. I purchased a classic (blem) the price was right. Still haven't found any cosmetic fault with the pistol yet. With over 12 colts 1911's in the safe I will not say anything bad about them, but I VERY impressed with DW.
Mine only came with one mag though; I thought that to be strange.
Next pistol I purchase now will be the DW CCO. Would post pics of the classic but they all look the same to me.
DW seems to be making the best overall gun for the price right now. I'm sold.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Lube liberally the first 250-500 rounds. Some were/are built almost Baer tight, so lots of lube (FP10 or equivalent seems to work best), almost overlube in the beginning will help avoid problems.

Other than that, enjoy it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Would post pics of the classic but they all look the same to me.
True, they do look the same, but they are like twins at a family reunion. To outsiders, they look the same, but family can see the differences.

You could post a hundred pics of your DW, and we would still want more.

What can we say....we're addicts. (and proud of it):rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.
We won't believe you got yourself a DW CCO until you post a couple pics of it..............

Clyde

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I see that the seeds of conversion have been sewn on fertile ground........:rock:
Glad you found a DW of your own. I think you'll continue to be impressed with yours as you use it. Once you get the CCO you're just going to be even more impressed. We love pics around here, as well as reports, so please put some up when/if you can!
Welcome!
Sarge

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Welcome to the begining of the enlightenment.:rock: just wait till you shoot that thing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the first non-colt 1911 I have purchased in over 15 years. Been reading about the DW thought I would see what all the hype is about. I purchased a classic (blem) the price was right. Still haven't found any cosmetic fault with the pistol yet. With over 12 colts 1911's in the safe I will not say anything bad about them, but I VERY impressed with DW.
Mine only came with one mag though; I thought that to be strange.
Next pistol I purchase now will be the DW CCO. Would post pics of the classic but they all look the same to me.
DW seems to be making the best overall gun for the price right now. I'm sold.
I bet you bought it from a certain dealer in Florida. My blem from him also came with only one mag. I emailed DW and they said blems ship with two mags. Not the best business practice imo.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I wana here about them COLTS. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome

I too, am a Colt man, but the DW CBOB is so incredibly well put together, and shoots so much better than I can, it makes up for not having a pony stamped on the side:biglaugh:!
After getting the CBOB my XSE stays in the safe and CCW defender might get taken out of the holster and replaced.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You will enjoy that DW. Welcome to the club.

I wana here about them COLTS. :biglaugh:
Yea, we know Charger, and NK wants to hear about mimbers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very Disappointed
At the range today one mag in the session started stove piping. Cleaned and lubed. Started loading one round into the mag at a time no luck. Then bad news the gun locked up totally. Slide about 1/4 into battery will not move in either direction. I will call DW tommrow see if they will make this right. I will reserve my opinions for now.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
I know your CBOB was a Blem gun, but was it new or used when you bought it? If New You should have field stripped it,cleaned and lubed reassembled it cycled the slide a few hundred times. Field stripped and checked for Burrs, cleaned relubed and then reassembled, and rack the the slide 100 or so more times, then go shoot the heck out of it. Keith will take care of you............

Clyde

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is a new gun. I did lube it pretty good and cycle the slide several times did not count though. Did not seem like had any problems when I was cycling the slide felt very smooth but a little tight.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Before I finally had the chance to shoot mine, I disassembled it and lubed it to almost dripping. I then re-assembled sans recoil spring, guide and plug, then racked the slide at least 500 times in increments of 100. Disassembled, cleaned the rails and re-assembled again with a light amount of FP-10.

Before I went to the range, I oiled the crap out of it again and had no issues except for a few FTF due to a filthy frame ramp. After cleaning off the frame ramp, it was 100% again. Now I only shot about 150 rounds that day IIRC, so I still don't consider it completely broken in yet.

I followed the guidelines of what my brother COTEP'ers suggested :rock: ... and was very pleased with the outcome.

If you can get it apart, try the above regimen and see if that helps.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Welcome to the Cult... I mean Church...

...wait, what politically correct:barf: name are we calling oursevles, now?! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did get it apart. Seems a little rough on right rail. Put Montana Extreme lube on it and been racking the crap out of it. I still going to give DW a call in the morning and see what they say. Never had a problem with my colts being this tight. I think all is well oneway or another.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Welcome to the Cult... I mean Church...

...wait, what politically correct:barf: name are we calling oursevles, now?! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

The "C" stands for "Conflagration"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts