1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered two Ed Brown mags off of their website, as soon as they arrived yesterday I headed out to the desert for a 250 round test in each. When it was all said and done 500 rounds, NOT A SINGLE MALFUNCTION!!. I was VERY impressed, the gun I was shooting was a Springer Loaded parkerized. I had previously tried some Wilson Combat mags and had some FTF problems, I thought the WC mags would work like a champ from what I've read and heard about them, but nothing has performed like these, this is my first time trying Ed Brown mags and I'm now a believer. I plan on sending another 500 rounds through these mags next Monday to bring our total to 1,000 rounds, I'll have another update.

·
Registered
638 Posts
sounds good. What differences in design are there between the Brown's and the Wilsons.
I assume you're shooting 8rnd mags, with some sort of rubber or plastic base-plate. I prefer 7 rounders with no pad, for strictly cosmetic reasons.
But I like to know whats what. thanks for the info.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're actually 7 round mags with the Ed Brown logo plastic bumper pads. Here's the link if you haven't already found them:

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00879.1.1029777619514366353

As far as the differences go between the Brown and the WC go, I'm not real sure, I know the follower on the Brown mags has a more rounded aggressive look to it compared to the Wilsons, and possibly a little bit stronger spring in the Brown from what I can tell. They've worked absolutely flawless for me in my gun so far, maybe you'll have the same luck.

·
Registered
638 Posts
cool, looks like the bumper pad isn't actually the base plate and just screws off. Might be just the sort of mags i'm looking for, and from a very well respected maker.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the bottom plastic bumper pad screws off easy, it's just two small philips head screws. I tried shooting it both ways (with pads and without) and I like them both the same, it's all about what looks better to you. Give em' a try, I think you'll be more than pleased ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.