1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new in June. I have 400 rounds of ball and/or hollow point thru the gun. No malfunctions and very accurate. Fit and finish is excellent, no real surprise. It is my primary carry gun, it replaced my Glock 19, which is also an excellent firearm, but the Wilson is amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,183 Posts
Congrats on your X9. It is a great gun. Think I’m above 5,000 rounds through mine without a failure. Need to shoot it more than I do.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the club which can be addictive :) My X9L has about 7500 rounds thru her and runs great. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Excellent carry pistol.

I've need to get productive....get 9mm fodder handloaded to run mine more. Rd ct @ 300 now......each were trouble free.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
As you have discovered it’s a great pistol. Mine never had any issues but it has moved on to another lucky owner (much less handsome than myself...sorry X9!). But I replaced it with my X9L w/SRO which is my daily carry. No issues with it, either. Mine loved 124gr best, YMMV

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the X9 and X9L. Picked up the X9 used and it’s been flawless. Bought the X9L new and I’ve had 4-5 FTRB with it when using Federal HST 124gr hollow points. I’ve only got maybe 200-250 total rounds through it. Called Wilson and they recommended another 100 rounds or so to work it in and if I’m still getting the failures
to call them and they’ll get it in to see what’s going on. The gun is phenomenal. I’m hoping the issues work themselves out because I love the gun and I want to trust it to make it a regular carry gun.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Nice pistol!

I got mine in February and only have 1600 or so through it, I'd have more but I'm limiting my weekly ammo expenditure to make sure my stock lasts through to next year (and hopefully through the ammo/primer shortage).

Mine also replaced a Glock 19 as my EDC, good gun replaced by a great gun!

·
Super Moderator
14,053 Posts
Congrats on a great carry gun (or even just a fun gun!). My little brother and I got ours with consecutive serial numbers, but mine is railed for a light/laser. Enjoy that new Wilson.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts