1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New EMP FO Sights

Hi All,

Thought I'd share pictures of my EMP with Novak FO front sight and "ghost" rear sight. Easier for my old eyes to see and a lot faster to sight!

Safety is a stainless Wilson combat tactical safety.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Hows the accuracy with such a big rear sight opening?
I'm still shoveling snow so have not got it out to shoot it yet. I'm guessing accuracy will be good once I learn how to use the sights.

John

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi All,

Thought I'd share pictures of my EMP with Novak FO front sight and "ghost" rear sight. Easier for my old eyes to see and a lot faster to sight!

Safety is a stainless Wilson combat tactical safety.

John
I thought a ghost rear sight needed a full circle - your picture looks like a semi-circle - how does that work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought a ghost rear sight needed a full circle - your picture looks like a semi-circle - how does that work?

Well, Novak calls it a "ghost rear sight" - not a "ghost ring" sight. Just my view, but I think of it as a "goal post" rear sight. Put the front sight centered between the uprights of the "goal post" and shoot.

John

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I like it let me know how well it shoots. I'm interested in getting new sight and I have age declined vision also.
Tried out the new sights today and was somewhat disappointed. The sight picture is excellent and the green fiber optic front shows up good and is easy to center in the ghost rear. However, it shot 4.5 inches low and 4.5 inches to the left at 15 yards. (Shooting from a rest. I'm not that bad!)

I'm going to e-mail Novak. The rear sight can be adjusted for windage so I could fix the shooting to the left. (Rear sight isn't centered in the dovetail either.) I could adjust rear sight for windage and learn to hold the front sight higher, or send the entire gun to Novak (rather than just the slide) so they can sight it in for me and adjust sights.

I do like the sights and they are fast to acquire and easy to see for my old eyes to see. So, I'll see about getting them fixed to shoot to point of aim. Just a pain.

John

PS - Any using "Bama" is going to understand when I say "War Eagle!" (I couldn't resist.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts