1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new EMP about 2 hrs ago :rock: Cant wait to shoot tomarrow. Just thought I would share my excitement.

·
Registered
174 Posts
looking forward to a range report. Been thinking about an EMP for a while.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Congrats! I think you're going to really like it. It's remarkably accurate for a 3" pistol. (More accurate than I can manage to shoot.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations Waner, I've had mine for about a little over a year and it's a great little pistol. I've put 3,000 rounds down the pipe without a hicup! I hope yours runs just as good.

Have a safe and Happy New Year

jhbsce94

PS: Pics, Pics, Pics...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Make sure it is VERY well lubed for your first range session. I lubed mine just like a normal 1911 and had tons of problems. I sprayed a bunch of oil on it at the range, and it worked like a dream. Now that I have over 1000 rounds through it, there is nothing that shoots better than my little EMP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I put about 200 rounds through it today without any problems at all. This gun was bought to replace my xd40 4" and it was worth every $ if you are thinking about buying one just do it! I don't think you will be disapointed. This is my first 1911 pistol but not my last so any info or guidence on my next one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Sorry Im still trying to figure out how to add pics.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is some great news Waner, the only thing that I have not been able find on the pistol is the recoil spring change interval. I have opted to change the recoil spring every 1,500 rounds and it has been working well for me.

jhbsce94

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got one for myself as my Christmas present. 250rds of ball and 20 rds of Ranger later I'm quite happy with it. There were some initial FTF but they cleared up as expected after the second cleaning.

I've had some problems though. In the first 100rds the ambi safety worked loose and locked up the slide. I figured out the problem and tightened it myself. Then during the next range session everything went fine. Fine until I got home and tried to field strip it. The slide won't come off anymore. Another shooter said that happens if the pin on the barrel lug works itself loose. :grumble: I'm calling Springfield tomorrow to send it in. I'm not too disappointed since I've had to send in S&Ws before and even get corrected mag followers from Glock in the past. I expect SA will take care of it. It really is a sweet shooter that's certain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats you will love it, I know I love mine.

Randy

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
How is the accuracy?

I tend to have a problem shooting small(er) guns but am always looking for a good one. I think the EMP looks great ~ I even refinished my Colt Defender frame so it looks pretty similar.

The EMP is on my list to get sometime.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
How is the accuracy?
I tend to have a problem shooting small(er) guns but am always looking for a good one. I think the EMP looks great ~ I even refinished my Colt Defender frame so it looks pretty similar.
The EMP is on my list to get sometime.
I handled and then shot a friends (who loves it) and was bascially amazed at how accurate that little sucker actually was in hand. At seven yards I was placing rounds consistantly into a rough one inch+ group dead on COM first time out with a modified weaver stance, slow fire, as I got used to the sights. Plenty accurate enough for me. With a bit of handling I think that would come down some. I'm usually not a small gun fan, but this one did feel good in hand also.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts