1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow 1911 brothers, and sisters. I got a call from my loacl MP"s office today, and was informed, and his office will be sending me the form to fill out and send in to get a permission slip as I call it, so I can buy a low mount saftey from a gun store in the states. Appears Home Land security now requies this from be sent to gun stores in the states to buy gun parts to be sent to Canada. only good thing about it, is that this permission slip is free, won't cost me a cent.

When I was first informed by a gun store in the states, that I need an inport export permit, and should check with my govern,ment first, well I asked Canada Customs if I need that to get two gun parts, I was informed no as long as its for private use and not resale.

So when I went back to this store, I was informed I had to get from my government a form before I could buy this safety. So like I said, I phoned up my loacal MP, and this is what I was told . Took him a week to find out. So my fellow Canadians, beware home land security lol. opps am I in troble now for saying that. So keep american gun stores out of troble, get the form.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts