1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading 1911.com and love the content. I just wish posting pitures from my PC was easier, there was private messaging for quick notes to other members, and a way to subscribe to topics and threads I like or find useful.
I hope this isn't out of place, but I like the way this forum looks and runs. Please check this out.

www.pcmech.com
Just click on the forum tab and have a look. I think these would be good upgrades, if it is a possibility.

What does everyone think?

------------------
"I don't want to use a 2 million dollar bomb to bomb a 10 dollar tent and hit a camel in the ass. . ."

·
Registered
489 Posts
sorry Nathan...I have no say in this...but I would disagree....One of my favorite sites keeps upgrading to the newest message boards...and...the very large downside...is...many of the newer boards do not support older browsers well....I currently can not view the site that I am talking about (www.MyBigBronco.com)...I mean...I can see it...but with Netscape 4.73 it is a mess(and yes...I realize I could get a newer version...but...my computor at work does not like any of the newer versions...and...I like the consistancy of one browser....don't get me started on IE)

I am a firm believer in the old adage....If it ain't broke...DON'T FIX IT.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'll put in a second no for the vote.

I just took a look at the page, it takes forever to load, and all of the intricate pics still haven't popped up. Thats on a LAN. If I had tried to do this on 56k, I bet I'd be more dissappointed. Keep it simple. I'd rather read the threads than wait for the downloads.

Also, this is a discussion forum. Hi tech java script, macromedia and gif animations, and flash is not needed to add to the luster of this site. (Sorry Gyp_C)

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Point well taaken, I guess. As for the download time?? I don't have any problem it is one of my faster links. IE 6. I just liked the extra subscription features, but who am I to say. I just hate to answer one of you guys with a question and then never get bacck to check your reply. Oh well!

------------------
"I don't want to use a 2 million dollar bomb to bomb a 10 dollar tent and hit a camel in the ass. . ."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts