1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all: I know that when you logged into 1911forum.com , whenever it is/was, you expected to find the CD, Rock River, Norinco etc forums that you posted to. The problem was that there did not seem to be enough traffic to warrant keeping those forums, so here we are in Other 1911's. I've been made Moderator since Norinco bit the dust, just to keep me busy.

If you don't know me, I've been at the board since it started. I'm a retired police officer, I carried a 1911A1 - Ithaca - as a duty pistol with my first department and it served me well. After 350,000 rounds (rough guess) I retired the Ithaca. My carry pistol now is a lightly modified Norinco that has not failed to go bang to date. I have had no experience with Rock River pistols, and little with CDs. But I'll learn about them and those with no Norinco experience will learn about them.

Any way, welcome to our new home at 1911forum.com. I'm glad to have you here.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess the seats in the back of the bus are just as comfortable as those up front... Not that I think we've been relegated to the status of second-class citizens or anything.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I see the "site announcement" section is read-only and therefore one cannot comment on the recent closure of THREE forums. How tidy.

Therefore, I have NO COMMENT. (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I want my norinco back! *throws himself on the floor like a 4 year old and kicks, bangs, and screams*

Well we all just have to get this forum going so next time it will be one of those "fancy" 1911 forums they delete

------------------
The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and justice
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Us norinco peeps had more posts than the Caspien or the STI and we got Das Boot

------------------
The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and justice
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee

·
Registered
250 Posts
Only the manufacture sites with the least amount of trouble built into there 1911s got the boot.People do not post if every thing is running smooth,like the RRA guns run.Thanks for all the interesting info on Rock River guys.Time to move on. The Capt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts