1911Forum banner

New Forum??

921 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  buggsb
I was wondering if it might make sense to have a forum which might allow members to get in touch with other members in their local area to schedule events or "meets". I have to imagine that many of the forum members would like to meet some of the other members face to face. The forum could allow members to setup get togethers, either in the form of a range outing or some other venue which would allow them to show off their prized 1911's or just have general BS sessions with local members.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Just throw up a thread asking for locals and send PM's and other replies. Somewhere in So. Cal. they just recently had a shoot/get together. Don't live in So. Cal. so I didn't pay too much attention to it. If someone in N.C put up a thread, that would get my attention and a response from me. Go for it! Tracy
P.S. I think it was in the Range Report or Training Talk & Events

· Banned
13,763 Posts
Nope - sorry.

We had "off-topic" discussion forums in the past (a couple times), and they were disastrous.

This is a forum to discuss firearms, not a chat site. :)

If you are trying to arrange a shooting get-together however, there is already the Range Reports forum in place for that.

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shane,

Thanks for your input. I wasn't suggesting a chat thing so much as a place to try to post an event that would get local members together...and I didn't see an appropriate place to post such a thread.

I know another on-line club I belong to (not firearms related) regularily has meet & greets for local members to allow people to meet in person.

Thanks for your suggestion to be able to post a range related event in the Range Reports forum. This was one of the things I was thinking of. However my reservation is that it would have to be a size limited event since most ranges only have a limited number of firing lanes available.

The other thought was a show n' tell type (non-shooting) of get together...and this didn't appear appropriate for the Range Repots forum.

Thanks again,
Dan

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Thanks Shane, What you said was what I was referring to. Tracy

· Registered
7,595 Posts
We have such a forum now: RANGE REPORT where you can set up a local meet or announce gun shows as well as report on your new pistol and how well or how poorly you shot it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.