1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello from Texas! Just found a used CBOB at the pawn shop. It looks very well taken care of so I put it on hold til the 5th, until its cleared for pickup. Its one of the nicest 1911's Ive ever held and will be my first.:rock: Alittle about myself... Im stationed at FT Hood, and in the CAV! I am from central IL originally. I hope to learn alot from ya'll so I can help pass it on in the future!:)

Dustin

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes.
Glad you found yourself a used CBOB, inspect it before you buy it.
Looking forward to your first range report w/pics.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
welcome aboard, thanks for your service and enjoy your new weapon, I hope that you are as impressed with yours as am I with mine. don't be a stranger and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask as the knowledge base here is quite extensive and folks are anxious to help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service. This is a great group of guys here. You will be entertained. Oh, you now have the fever too. You will buy more 1911's and you will lose sleep thinking about them. Semper Fi

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Welcome Hummer...pull up a chair anytime. Thanks for your service!!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I have read a few thread containing COTEP, but have know clue what it is....:confused:
Welcome aboard Dustin:)

As for COTEP....show us a picture of that CBOB when you get it and
we'll tell you all about it:biglaugh: It sounds like you're just days away from
enlightenment:biglaugh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks like I found myself a shooting buddy... :rock:

I'm in B Co 1/8... I'm in Iraq, but we should be getting back 14 Dec.

What unit you in? You interested in IDPA? They have matches in temple, and a few other close towns.

Do you reload?

Live on post or off?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I found myself a shooting buddy... :rock:

I'm in B Co 1/8... I'm in Iraq, but we should be getting back 14 Dec.

What unit you in? You interested in IDPA? They have matches in temple, and a few other close towns.

Do you reload?

Live on post or off?

I would be glad to tag along sometime!:rock: Im with the horse detachment for the time being....Got orders for Germany! Not sure if Im going or not yet, only time will tell. I live off post across the street from Guns Galore. I havent given much thought to IDPA cause I dont know much about it. However reloading is in my near future! ;). When You get back there will be 2 of us there on horse back to greet you off the plane! We will have to keep in touch until then! I talked to another guy tonight that went to a range by Troy TX and he said they have golf carts to cart you around!!!!!:biglaugh: Its also $30 for the day.....:barf: I normally go to the little ******* range outside of Florence for $12 a day! Anyways if you ever need ANYTHING shoot me a PM on here and I will give you my number!:) Thanks for your service brother!:rock:

Dustin

·
Registered
610 Posts
I haven't been to a range yet in TX. So I'm going to have to rely on you to show me around. I've only done research on the internet.

I haven't shot an IDPA match either, nor do I reload.... yet. Just plans for when I get back. It'd be nice to have a newbie along for the ride with me. That way I'm not the only one being laughed at. :rock:

Do you have yahoo messenger?

I will definitely look forward to keeping in touch with you and shooting with you when I get back, hopefully you don't go to Germany before hand.

I don't mind a ******* range for $12... just means more money for ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You're in the right place if you want to pick up some information and learn. A lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who are always willing to share. Great group.
WHERE you end up in Germany makes a big difference. I was in Frankfurt '91-'94. Stay away from Graf if you can help it or Baumholder too for that matter. You'll know why when you get there. :biglaugh:
Hope to see you around the forum!
Sarge

1 - 20 of 39 Posts