1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved the grips I saw on one of our excellent mods, so I decided to "try" and dupilicate the grips (ok, and the entire pistol)

The wood grips are factory, I made the black ones.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I like them. There classy looking. :)

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Nice work, they look good.

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Nice! Where did you get the medallions? You did a great job making the black ones, but to be honest I'm not too crazy about a totally black and white pistol. The brown grips look better on it. Even the grips on my stainless custom are brown, just very dark.

BTW who did the work on the pistol?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Where did you get the medallions? You did a great job making the black ones, but to be honest I'm not too crazy about a totally black and white pistol. The brown grips look better on it. Even the grips on my stainless custom are brown, just very dark.

BTW who did the work on the pistol?
I got the medallions on ebay. I just ordered a few more sets and some new grips to make some different sets. I'm not sold on the complete black grips either, even though they are nicer in person than in pictures. Dark brown, hmmmm....guess I'll try that next.

The previous owner performed all the work, and did an awesome job in my opinion. He, like too many Americans has lost his job and sold it to me through Gunbroker. I felt bad once I got the gun and he told me it hurt to let that one go. He seemed like a great guy, so I hope he gets back to work soon.

It would have been much easier if you would have just sold me yours. ;)

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
A few short years ago I might've made that mistake. I was needing money, and a friend offered to buy two of my most beautiful handguns, a 1941 blued Colt M1911A1 and 1913-vintage M1911. He offered top dollar for them so I caved in. Now I'm badly missing them, and realize that by now each one is probably worth what he gave me for both. Last year I contacted him to see about buying them back, but it turns out he ended up needing money as well and sold them to somebody else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts