1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Charles Daly Field EFS. I was wondering if anyone has changed grips on them and did they work, not work, your feelings. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had changed grips on my CD, and the screw pattern fits, But you get hung up on the small tube which the takedown lever and safety rely on, I had to use a dremmel to the top of the left grip, on the upper inside I had to take some material away, It does not show from the front, I suggest that you pick up a $10.00 set of wood grips and see for yourself,, Just a little off the upper back.
Good luck!
Peter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what kind am i looking for? I mean I know I need the full size, but I dont have to worry about the ambi cut or grip safty or anything. It is just a stock CD. Also does anyone have any good upgrade ideas besides a new barrel?

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
glaze22 said:
so what kind am i looking for? I mean I know I need the full size, but I dont have to worry about the ambi cut or grip safty or anything. It is just a stock CD. Also does anyone have any good upgrade ideas besides a new barrel?
If you are planning on upgrading a Chuck, think about selling it and buying a SA loaded or something that is already upgraded.

Why buy one of the most inexpensive, non-upgraded 1911's and then start pouring money into it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why do you want to up grade it ?

If it is just a plinker theres no need to .

If it is your nightstand gun you might consider night sights .

If the gun is accurate and reliable why change the barrel as it is one of the most expensive to do . If you can hit a soda can at 25 yards it is plenty accurate .

Why sell a good gun "provided it is" and take a chance on getting a unreliable one ?

The Dalys-Armscors don't really need a bunch of upgrades , about the most usefull would be a better set of sights .

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
If its going to serve as an HD weapon, I would advice against heavy modifications. Bare minimum mod for me, would be a set of tritium sights.
As for grips, I like the old diamond checkered wood grips from Navidrex and others. Nothing wrong with rubber grips though, except it catches on clothes and adds more girth.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have had no issues with my CD, It's quite as accurate, and as I was playing around with recoil springs, I ran from 12 lb to 18 lb spring with no issues, I even limp wristed the CD with all springs and it never misfired, It is a darn good plinker!
Peter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not looking for anything big, maybe just some litte things you guys had tried out and liked like the springs. I just got some alumagrips to try out on it. I love my CD and it is already as upgradable for the price. Thanks for looking guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have Been doing 1911's for over 20 years now and was taught by a gentleman who had been working on the since the Korean war and I will tell you the same thing a lot of other people will. Put at least 500 round through it and decide whats wrong with it and do not fix anything that's not broke. AS far as putting a new barrel in . Why? If you read up on it it is more than you think. Drop ins are fine (if you need one) as long as you get the correct bushing and link for it also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts