1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new set of grips for my 1911. Pretty sure they will be wood with a double diamond but I wouldn't mind looking at some carbon fiber grips. Gun is blued. Where can I browse and buy?

Thanks,

Shooter_McGee

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I think the carbon fiber grips are really cool looking but the checkering is molded and is pretty smooth. If grip is important, they are not a good choice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Shooter_McGee:
I'm looking to get a new set of grips for my 1911. Pretty sure they will be wood with a double diamond but I wouldn't mind looking at some carbon fiber grips. Gun is blued. Where can I browse and buy?

Thanks,

Shooter_McGee
Someone posted this in another thread I was reading earlier http://pickagrip.com/
they have a decent selection and good pics to let you see what they're selling.

hth,
Eugene

·
Registered
295 Posts
Shooter_McGee,
I've got some Carbon Creations in black, which sort of looks dark grey to me, and I've got some Craig Spegels in Cocobolo and Malagasy Rosewood. I can email some pics if you like.
Allan

·
Registered
670 Posts
How about Speigel grips. I've heard that his were best. True? Does he have a web site? How about a phone number. Anyone? Sam

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by ayf1911:
Shooter_McGee,
I've got some Carbon Creations in black, which sort of looks dark grey to me, and I've got some Craig Spegels in Cocobolo and Malagasy Rosewood. I can email some pics if you like.
Allan
Are any Grip companys or individual Makers using Black Teak wood at all? I think it would be a great looking material for 1911 grips. but it may be hard to work with or inferior to other hard woods.

EDG

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Sam:
How about Speigel grips. I've heard that his were best. True? Does he have a web site? How about a phone number. Anyone? Sam
No site for Craig. 503/368-5653, PO Box 387, Nehalem, OR 97131. 2nd Spegel's being the best. Better yet he will do them the way you want, i.e. pin-covered, flat bottom, etc. It is wise to call him and discuss what you want. He has usually more wood available than on his brochure. Wanted Cocobolo but wound up getting his knockout Malaggassy Rosewood for both a 1911 & an FN HP. A nice fellow and easy to work with.

------------------

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Grips, or actually "Stocks" are considered Accessories, and are more appropriate in that forum than the Gunsmithing forum...

Moving to Accessories...

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife is looking for a set of pink rubber wrap-around finger groove grips for an officer's model (actually a kimber compact). We assume this will have to be done custom. Does anyone know of a grip maker that can do something like this? They don't HAVE to be finger groove rubber etc, but that's the ideal.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Try Hogue...they have some products very similar to the items you mention...don't know about pink, though.

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts