1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a new in the box Guardian Duce/Duece off one of the auction sites today. I know I was bidding against one of our own. Noticed he had bids in on two other DWs so I hoped he would let me have this one. I am real anxious to get the gun. It has an all alpha serial number which sounds kind of unique, Dave? In PMs with the seller he told me he had received the Duce and a Razorback in a trade with the "former president" of DW. Interesting. Anyone else have any opinions or stories about the Guardian Duce. As soon as it arrives pics will be in order.
What would you do with this gun. I know Iggy, shoot the sum' bitch. I already have a PM-1 which I shoot frequently. Wondering if I should make any mods right off the bat or change out any of the parts. As I am fairly new to 1911's questions and feedback are the best way for me to learn.:p

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbert0005,

What mods did you make? Which do you think were necessary and which were for fun or "cool factor"?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice snag, Snagglepuss:biglaugh:

See what happens when you ignore the auction sites for a few days... (must check them every day....must check them every day...)

I like mine, no mods done. Looser than current officers models, but a nice precursor model. I liked it because its a little different looking than others out there.

Looks like TFunster is going for a whole corral of DWs...:rock:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Best thing to do is shoot it a bit and then figure out if you need to do anything to it.

Dan Wessons rock! :rock: I just bought this last weekend:

and it's awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
699 Posts
In my opinion, the Gaurdian Duece is one the of softest shooting and accurate commander-length 1911's made. The extra slide weight and smooth cycling are a great combination. DW knows how to make a gun. In some ways, I consider them to be somewhat like the Springfield line of guns, on a more refined level. They need frontstrap treatment and some other cosmetics to make them "your own" as Paula Abdul would say! However, in comparison with the SA guns, they are equipped with higher quality small parts throughout, in addition to great barrels and trigger pulls. Plus, we have our own in-house 'smith (D. Severns - BTW, any relation to Dan Severns of Ultimate Fighting Championship fame?) located right here on this forum who is more than willing to help if you just ask. He is very professional and probably knows alot more about the guns than the DW smiths putting the guns together.
Here are some pics of a Duece that I wish I still had:

Oh well, I guess I'll go out the the ol' shed and break open a jug of the SB that I've been 'a-savin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts