1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I received my Classic Gold Match Yesterday (used) Got her home and cleaned. I purchased a couple of the Wilson 47d mags, and it came w/ a CMC I am assuming,
1st ?
THe CMC mag has a "shooting star" on the follower w/ no other markings other then the 8rnd mark. Is this a CMC?
2nd
The wilson mags go in 3/4 of the way and get pretty tight then you have to apply some more pressure to get it in and seated. Normal?
Evrything else w/ the new mags seems to work fine on a bench test, will try them out at the range ASAP.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
euge said:
So, I received my Classic Gold Match Yesterday (used) Got her home and cleaned. I purchased a couple of the Wilson 47d mags, and it came w/ a CMC I am assuming,
:cool:
euge said:
1st ?
THe CMC mag has a "shooting star" on the follower w/ no other markings other then the 8rnd mark. Is this a CMC?
Yep.
euge said:
2nd
The wilson mags go in 3/4 of the way and get pretty tight then you have to apply some more pressure to get it in and seated. Normal?
Evrything else w/ the new mags seems to work fine on a bench test, will try them out at the range ASAP.
Wilson's get a little tough just before seating. It's not been a problem for me.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
all my mags (three different brands) did/do the same thing on both my Kimber's. Normal.....i would guess.

enjoy that gun, and let us know how it runs.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
CMC Mags:

What is wrong with the magazines that come with the new Kimbers? I bought my first one in 1998 and my last new one this week(I have 3 total) I do have some Wilson mags but I still shoot the Kimber mags without any problems. Are they supposed to be inherently poor mags? Thanks for the help. Ted Z

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've had nothing but bad luck with Kimber mags but maybe it's just me. I hav'nt had problems with mags going in hard as some others have stated, I wonder if it is just the fit of the mag release. Try inserting your mag with the release held in if there is no drag its just the fit of the release if there is drag it could be the frame. I have a RIA goverment model and it has a narrow frame so it picky on mags, Wisons work fine though.
See ya!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took her to the range...
out of 250 rounds had 2 FTE ?
spent case barely hung on upper lip of barrel and new round 1/2 way in chamber.
Could this happen from limp wristing?
how should I procede?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts