1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 1911 Friends!

I bought my first gun in January of 2021, though I've always wanted to own one or two. After picking up a few polymer, striker-fired 9mm, I decided to try out the 1911 platform. All I can say is - WOW - I love these things. So, now I have three of them - a Tisas Service 45, which is a Series 70 clone with some creature comforts (polished feed ramp, larger ejection port, etc...) was my first. Following that I picked up a Mauser chambered in 22LR (made by GSG, the same folks that make the Sig 22lr 1911), and then finally a Tisas B45 Commander, which I carry. The only internal modification I made was to put in a titanium firing pin to make it a little bit more drop-safe, just in case.

All three have been extremely accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot. My only complaint is the GI-style safeties on the Tisas Service, which are not as comfortable for long sessions at the range as the longer thumb safety and beavertail on the B45 and the Mauser.

Anyway - I'm loving my "value"-oriented 1911's. They're not as fancy as some others I've seen, but they feel SO much better in the hand than the polymer pistols... Truly a joy to shoot.

Oh - and I know we're not supposed to bring up 9mm vs 45, but what about 45 vs 22LR?????? :)

Registered
45ACP > .22LR all day & every day!

'I like Colts' though yours are very nice looking functional guns that get the same job done! I'm kinda interested in the Mauser too. Haha.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Texan!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45ACP > .22LR all day & every day!

'I like Colts' though yours are very nice looking functional guns that get the same job done! I'm kinda interested in the Mauser too. Haha.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Texan!
The Mauser is a lot of fun. The series 80 trigger feels a little mushy in comparison to the series 70 in the two Tisas pistols, but it's still very fun to shoot. Many owners say they replace the sights at some point. They are a little too plastic-y for my taste, but they've been working fine so far.

It has been my go-to pistol for taking new shooters to the range. Very ergonomic feel, great grip, easy trigger, long sight radius, and almost no recoil to scare those with zero experience. I plan to use it to teach my daughters how to shoot once they're a bit older.

Registered
Welcome from Mississippi, wish the best with your daughters shooting. I have 5 granddaughters,only two shoot, and hunt. The others three come from my second wife's side.

Premium Member
Welcome from California - I envy your ability to buy whatever you want.
Move to Utah. We need more gun people moving in instead of the liberals.

Welcome from Utah. Believe it or not here in Utah the 1911 is the official state gun. Look it up. Also, my truck license plate is...

yup M1911.

Premium Member
Welcome to 1911forum.

So the Mauser appears to be a different brand on what I bought-and-sold as a Sig-Sauer 1911-22. Does the Mauser have a magazine 鈥漵afety鈥? Asking because always on the prowl for a 1911-pattern pistol, chambered in .22LR for student use. Your Mauser sure looks nice!

Reactions: LeadAcid

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to 1911forum.

So the Mauser appears to be a different brand on what I bought-and-sold as a Sig-Sauer 1911-22. Does the Mauser have a magazine 鈥漵afety鈥? Asking because always on the prowl for a 1911-pattern pistol, chambered in .22LR for student use. Your Mauser sure looks nice!
I think they are both made by GSG. They use the same magazines, at least.

It does have a magazine disconnect. Not my favorite feature. 馃榿

Premium Member
I think they are both made by GSG. They use the same magazines, at least.

It does have a magazine disconnect. Not my favorite feature. 馃榿
Some of my .22LR pistols have a magazine disconnect: no problem. That鈥檚 how I failed to notice the magazine disconnect while test-firing the pistol before issuing it to a teaching associate. But he noticed while teaching the 1911 manual-of-arms. As a target pistol for my personal use, I鈥檇鈥檝e disabled the magazine disconnect and carried-on. But I cannot have a magazine disconnect on a pistol used to teach beginners a good manual-of-arms. Nor risk disabling a 鈥渟afety鈥 due to possible liability concerns. Thus 鈥...-sold鈥 on my late Sig 1911-22.
j -;

The Mauser looks more business-like than the Sigs I鈥檝e seen, magazine disconnect or no. Enjoy!

Reactions: LeadAcid

Premium Member
Several
Welcome from a "Son of the Republic of Texas" and resident of the Peters Colony. Although I gave my .22 revolver to my grandson, I retained a small heard of pistols...1911s, wheel guns and plastic ones...in 10 mm, .45 cal, .44 Mag./44 Special, .40 cal, 9 mm, .38 Special and .357 Mag. Each has its own personality and each is enjoyable to shoot. When my sons come over (one now at Fort Hood and the other in Rome, Italy), we each pick a caliber and then compete at the range. Lots of fun. By the way, I still own the very first gun I ever shot...an old .22/.410 over/under that my grandfather taught me to shoot when I was 4. He left it to me in his will (45 years ago). So I have refurbished it and am saving it for my oldest son - the Blackhawk driver - who loves to shoot with his old man.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts