1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new ms c/d the other day. took it to the range, and was real pleased with it so far. sites where right on the money with 230 gr fmj. not one hang up at all. In fact rather upset a 400. gun can out shoot my sig 239. Tryed some gold dots thay where 50/50, Need to maybe do some dremal work on feed ramp, will wait tell I shoot it some more. Over all not a bad gun. DAVID

·
Registered
249 Posts
i've a cd, fs model. last weekend i decided i'd try it at the range will all types of hollow points. had only used round nose and silver tips before. no problems with either. i did put in a ed brown hardcore extractor, fp stop and fp along with wilson (think they are wolff) recoil spring and fp spring. it ate everything without a problem, hydra-shock, hi-shock, personal defense. this gun came with one of those "extended" extractors and originally, it would either yank the last spent cartridge back into the mag or trip the slide release and crush the casing about 25% of the time. the ed brown extractor and fp stop ended all that. hell of a gun - more than accurate - for $385 ( including about $35 for ed brown stuff and new springs). mcole

[This message has been edited by mcole (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
233 Posts
congrats on your new cd.
glade to hear that your pleased as well.

if a firing pin stop is too loose, it will allow you extractor to move.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yes, if the fp stop doesn't hold the extractor quite snugly, the extractor will twist or "torque" causing several different kinds of problems related to extraction/ejection. the factory daly fp stop was probably ok but figured as long as i was doing it, might as well do it right. a while back i was in one of the area gun shops and my wandering eyes noticed some mccormick diamond checkered, polished, rosewood grips for ambidextrous. nominal fitting -- went right on. boy, did they "spiff" up the gun. mcole

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Wilson Bullet-proof extractor arrived, and when I went to install it-damn, groove cut into extractor for FP stop was big. What a coincidence today. I think I will order the Wilson or Ed Brown FP and stop parts and go from there. I was not about to file down a Wilson extractor, especially warranted for life.
Another question- I cannot drift out the ejector pin out of the CD for the life of me-including the local gunsmith, who surmised the pin they used was *soft*......
Any takers???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts