1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and enjoying this great forum for a few months, so guess it's about time I did a post and introduced myself.

I live in Kentucky and I grew up around guns. My dad was always buying, selling, and trading guns -- practically all revolvers and shotguns. Every once in a while he'd give me one for Christmas or my birthday. I did a lot of shooting with my revolvers (and hunting with my shotguns), but I was never around any 1911s.

I got into flyfishing and built up a pretty nice collection of rods (bamboo, fiberglass, and graphite), and many reels. Have gone on a number of nice fishing trips. But a couple of years ago I fell off a ladder and busted my foot up pretty bad. Now I don't get around so good, and have lost a little interest in fishing.

So about 6 months ago I started to have more interest in my guns. Decided I wanted to get a pistol. So I went to the local gun shop and ended up buying a Springfield XDM 9mm. Nice gun, but it just didn't do much for me -- my revolvers have more personality. So I later went back to the gun shop, was looking around, and told the guy I might like to have a 45. He shows me some kind of Ruger that looked a lot like the XDM, and I said, no I want something else, something that's got some personality. He smiles, and goes down to another area and pulls out a Dan Wesson V-Bob. I looked it over, worked the slide a few times, held it up and tried the trigger a few times.....and I smiled -- that was it, I was hooked on 1911s. Especially after I put about 500 rounds through it. I wanted to shoot it everyday.

Decided I no longer needed all those fly rods and reels so I've sold a bunch of them. This has given me some funds for some 1911s that I am having such great enjoyment. I love reading about 1911s, looking at all the company web sites, and I especially enjoy reading this forum. I use to participate quite a bit on some fishing forums and I look forward to participating in this one. I promise not to ask something stupid or something that's been beat to death.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Welcome from another fellow Kentuckian!

You should also look into this place as well...www.1911addicts.com...they have an annual shoot just south of Lexington. Good times!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Welcome Aboard Kentucky! Great introduction Sir!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from another fellow Kentuckian!

You should also look into this place as well...www.1911addicts.com...they have an annual shoot just south of Lexington. Good times!
Thanks for that link. I registered and will check it out. I'm definitely an addict. I kid the guy at the gun shop that he infected me with 1911s when he sold me that V-Bob.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Kentucky here also. Welcome to the forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts