1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I'm a new guy here, but not to firearms. I recently decided it was time to go after my dream gun and part with others that see little range and carry time. The gun I'm after is the Champion in stainless PX9142LP. I just sold a cherry XD40 service and a have a few other to go before this one comes in - just thought I'd chime in early and say hey.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
WELCOME to the forum! Your choice is good one!! Be sure to show it off when you bring it home!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I do actually have a few questions about this piece...

- Being stainless, do I have to worry about fingerprints or anything else special to protect it's finish? Is a basic exterior wipedown enough after a trip out all day (carry, not range)?

- How have these been running out of the box? This is my first 1911, so I'm used to having new guns run 100% for the most part. I do realize every gun has a break-in, but from what I gather, 1911's are a little different in that area vs. their polymer cousins.

- Takedown without a bushing - is it basically the same, except not dealing with a bbl bushing?

If any of you guys have photos of your stainless champs, I'd love to see 'em - give me something to drool over for the time being.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
stainless wipes down. never notice excessive fingerprints.

my Springfields all worked right out of the box, the only exception was my EMP. The extractor ws too tight, but a quick adjustment to the tension and it's been good ever since.

on new 1911's i usually make a slurry of JB Bore Paste and oil and lap the slide/frame rails

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the 1911 Forum, I have only to Springers 1 I bought in 1985 which I have shot thousands of rounds thru it with not one Hiccup, I just bought my second one last week and 09 Springer Loaded and so far No problems with it 150 rounds down range...............
You can you SS wipes or a silicon rag to get rid of finger prints on a SS 1911.

Clyde

·
Registered
898 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am also fairly new. I just bought a loaded SA 1911 A1. I love it. Its the first 1911 i have ever bought. It shoots sweet.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hi dfunk! I haven't been disappointed with any of my springers. Half of the fun is hunt for what you are looking for. My dads champ op is great and the champ platform is one to make any owner proud. Stainless is easy to take care of, so no worries. Happy hunting!! :):)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the welcomes.

I was also wondering if this platform has compatible .22 conversions. I was reading a Kimber catalog and it says that theirs works with any non-ramped barrel 1911. Is this Champion ramped?

This will be my do-all pistol for a long while, so it will serve as a home defense, carry, and range pistol. Also, does anyone have any photos of the slide-to-frame fit on their stainless Champ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Thanks for all of the welcomes.

I was also wondering if this platform has compatible .22 conversions. I was reading a Kimber catalog and it says that theirs works with any non-ramped barrel 1911. Is this Champion ramped?

This will be my do-all pistol for a long while, so it will serve as a home defense, carry, and range pistol. Also, does anyone have any photos of the slide-to-frame fit on their stainless Champ?

Thanks!
for conversions, i'd recommend a Marvel (either Unit 1 or Unit 2).

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
To my knowledge, only lw frames have a ramped barrel. A SS champ should have the ramp on the frame. I am not sure if a champ frame is compatible with a .22 top end though. In the Springfield 1911 owners manual, they do not recommend a .22 conversion kit on their guns.:bawling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts