1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- i am new to the 1911 forums, just want to introduce myself.

I need some help choosing between a Kimber TLE/RL and a Warrior. My dealer has the TLE for $900 new and the Warrior for $1100 new. I will be trading my glock 37 towards it and he will give me about $500. my question is this; What are the substantive differences between the 2 pistols? I am particularly interested in learning about the finish (KimPro?) and external vs. internal safety differences. I have seen more than a fair share of 1 year old TLE's with 200 rounds down the barrel sporting 85-90% finish. I want to avoid that scenario all together.

Should i save the $200, buy the TLE,a mainspring housing with lanyard loop (where can i find these and how easy are they to install?) and pick up a pair of gunner grips and build one up -or-

Get the warrior and start blasting! :biglaugh:

Any insight anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Chris

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was looking at the same two guns and ended up with a stainless TLE (no rail) and I couldn't be happier, it has 600rds through it and looks brand new, I really wanted a blued kimber but am really happy now with my choice
it really comes down to personal pref though, get what you like or you will hate yourself for compromising on a gun you didn't want

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the TLE RLII and love mine....I too have been hearing post about the internal and external extractor bit...there are quite a few Kimber haters over on Glock Talk....

I really don't think there is much difference between the two myself.....They both have the rails and size and weight are similiar and they both shoot .45's so I dunno......Get what you feel comfortable with....If it was me, and I have the cash to spend....I'd get the Warrior....I love my TLE RLII, but something about the Warrior gets me...I like it alot!:)

here is some pics of my TLE RLII

Tom:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.