1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I figured I would join up now. I am in my California 10 day annoying period for my TRP.

I am a Glocker who felt like every good American boy should own a 1911. After lusting after the TRP for a long time, I finally bought one.

Being new to the 1911 I have a lot of questions. Don't worry, I will use the search function first.

I have learned a lot from the other forums out there and I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

I have a Sidearmor holster on the way for the TRP and waiting for the go-ahead (if you know what I mean) on a holster from Tucker.

See ya,
MF

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Goldendog,

I held out for many years before I got my first 1911.

Should'a started sooner. You'll see.

Mike :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I imagine you are right. I am really looking forward to running that thing. I love my Glocks and I can shoot em but the new platform will be fun to train with. I hope to switch over to make the 1911 my primary ride. We'll see

MF

·
Registered
61 Posts
congrats...

I'm in the same boat.. waiting for the waiting period.

<--- Glock owner who also thought every American should have a 1911. :cool:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Im a reformed Glock o phile. You just cant compare shooting the two. The 1911 is so much more accurate. Once I shot someone elses at the range I was hooked.
Good luck with the TRP

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shot my friends Caspian built by Gene Shuey, from about fifteen yards and darn near made one ragged hole. Needless to say I was impressed.

One week to go.

MF

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welocme,

I'm in the same boat in F'in Ca! I'm 2 guns deep now. I'm a huge 1911 fan and own a few glocks also. I have SA champion I'll start paperwork on 12-22-03. Then I have a Glock 29 to start paperwork on 1-22-03 (the 29 is product of my serial # EVE###US glock 27 recall. Glock traded it out for a new G29. Gotta love the 10mm!) Both guns just sit at my dealer paid for just waiting for my 30 day period and then my 10 day wait. what a joke huh? Anyway, congrats on the new SA!

Rob

·
Registered
479 Posts
glocks are wierd...

Well, what is really interesting is that Glockers tend to like the feel/feedback/grip angle of the 1911, but, like the hi-cap mags and signts on their polymer shooters.

I had a G-17 and traded it for cash, then bough a Springfield XD-9. I have never looked back.

Once you start shooting 45acp, regularly, you never look back at smaller cartridges.

I have a really hard time shooting 9mm these days, as it doesn't have the report or feedback I have come to enjoy from my 1911.

[I do not own a hi-power, but, I am contemplating it...]

Anyhow, enjoy!!!

-Warlock

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do like the ergonomics of a 1911 better than my Glocks. I do like the elegant simplicity of the Glock though. I like the fact that when my slide stop took a dump, I just bought a new one for five bucks and just put it in in a couple minutes. Maybe that is possible with 1911s but It will take me a while before I get the huevos to start tinkering with 'em.

MF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts