1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new WWI 1918 reproduction coming on the 28th. This wil be my 1st 1911 not counting the one Uncle Sam gave me in the 60's. Had to give that one back to him. What kind of accuracy can I expect from it at 25 yards.
Any issues I should look for out of the box? Some of the threads I have been reading on this forum are a little scarry as to quality control. Being a revolver man I don't know much about self feeders. Because it will only be used at the range I don't think I will send it in for the recall.
Thank's for any replies. Going to go and start reloading for it.

Ted

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just got mine a week ago and it is beautiful. There are a couple very minor cosmetic issues I was able to find, but no one else who has looked it over can spot them. Just a couple slight variances in the buffing process when doing the final metal forming on the slide. Nothing but personality for me.

Mine was outside the recall window of numbers, so maybe your's will be too.

Congrats, you'll love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have five 1911s, including a Colt Series 70 reproduction; a Colt O1918; a Kimber CDP Pro II; a Springfield GI; and a Nighthawk GRP Recon. The O1918 is the most accurate, by far, of them all.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Ted - don't ignore the recall if your serial number fits. If and when you sell the O1918, the next owner is entitled to have the improved thumb safety that Colt will fit (and quickly). It is a simple fix, and Colt returned my Combat Elite in three days. You will really enjoy the gun - it can shoot better than you can!
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts