1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new EB Executive Elite Stainless which I have had for a couple of weeks now and I truly love everything about it. I shot it a on a couple of different days to see where the sights were for me, and when I got them zeroed for me, I loctited them in. It is an amazingly accurate and no malfunctions. I do have one question: Is the three digit number inside the rear of the slide supposed to match the serial number? Obviously mine are different or I wouldn't be asking this question. Is it just some sort of part number or are the two parts mismatched??? I am super happy with this pistol, I would just like to know.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far 45 EB enthusiasts have looked and no one knows if their numbers match or not???

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
It is probably an assembly number. Check the other major components to see if the same number is on them.

Bob

·
Registered
602 Posts
Non Matching Numbers

On my Exec. Elite, the numbers do not match. I had called Ed Brown last year, and was told that in their process the numbers do no match.

(However the numbers match on all of my Kimbers, which was the reason for my concern).

You can always give Ed Brown Products a call to get the real info. directly.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
I have also seen this question asked before and I seem to remember that
the numbers don't match. You should do a search.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the replys. I did do a search on someones recommendation and found an older thread with the same answers. I called EB too and one of the girls confirmed it was a "manufacturing number" and NOT related to the serial number. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts