1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a Long Slide in 10mm. Shoots great, and I really like the minimal amount of markings on the pistol.

My only issue is the grips, which are not really correct for this pistol. The pistol has a magwell, but the grips are beveled rather than having a flat bottom--this just doesn't look right. Also, the pistol does not have an ambi safety, but the right grip is cut for an ambi. So, when I look down and admire this expensive pistol I get to look at incorrect grips.

Picking nits? Maybe, but when a company charges almost $4K for a pistol, they should make the effort to put correct grips on it.

Another $100 and a set of Esmeralda grips solved the problem.

The long slide and 10mm are a great combination.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those details are not obvious online. Not the kind of pistol normally found in stock.

And for that kind of money, I am entitled to be picky.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nighthawk would probably disagree that the grips are incorrect. It's just their way of doing things. How does the pistol perform? Sounds sweet.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I have a magwell on my Talon with the grips that are beveled also but since the top of the magwell is narrow it dosn't look bad. If you put straight cut grips on it then you will have the edge of the grips sticking out past the well which also looks bad. I think the only fix to make it perfect is to have custom grips made right for your pistol. Even though 4K is a ton of money it is still a semi-custom gun and not a full custom where it would be perfect.

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Recently acquired a Long Slide in 10mm. Shoots great, and I really like the minimal amount of markings on the pistol.

My only issue is the grips, which are not really correct for this pistol. The pistol has a magwell, but the grips are beveled rather than having a flat bottom--this just doesn't look right. Also, the pistol does not have an ambi safety, but the right grip is cut for an ambi. So, when I look down and admire this expensive pistol I get to look at incorrect grips.

Picking nits? Maybe, but when a company charges almost $4K for a pistol, they should make the effort to put correct grips on it.

Another $100 and a set of Esmeralda grips solved the problem.

The long slide and 10mm are a great combination.
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the grips that came with your long slide 10mm. This model doesn't come standard with a magwell but does come standard with the wood grips featuring the Heinie logo. Did you buy this pistol new from a dealer?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this was purchased new from a dealer. It came with the Heinie "H" logo grips, and several options such as the magwell, upgraded sights, flush-cut barrel, etc.

I get the issue with the magwell--no perfect solution with either beveled or flat-bottom grips. IMO, the flat-bottom looks better, but that's me.

But the ambi cut without a ambi safety really did bug me, and was what prompted me to buy replacements.

Otherwise, the pistol is really nice. Highly accurate, great trigger, and there is no doubt that the 10 hits harder than a 45 Auto. When shooting my hardened steel swinger, the 45 just splashes on the steel--the 10 puts indentations!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dude... Grips are like pennies looking at the big picture. Surely they will swap them out. They were probably put on accidentally. Mistakes do happen quite frequently.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry ..... Got to agree with OP :) The price and quality (supposedly) of this firearm should be 100% + correct, NO EXCUSES PERIOD. Unless specificity ordered differently. Magwell magwell grips, no magwell beveled grips.

Here's the problem....The firearm did't come straight from the manufacture, even though it's new, it's past through other hands. Time to get out the good 'ole CC

·
Registered
231 Posts
OP's experience is exactly why I placed my order direct with NHC.

My local dealer is awesome and has a massive inventory. After spending 1/2 an hour handling many NHC guns there I was able to:

1) Determine exactly what model and features I did or did not want;

2) Determine that none of the guns they had in inventory had all the very specific features I wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts