1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Navigant from Privateer Leather on Friday. I had seen several favorable reviews here and decided to give Wes a try. He did not disappoint. I am extremely satisfied. Great workmanship.
The cant is perfect, conceals better than I expected. I have been an IWB guy for several years, and this is my first OWB holster.
I have attached a couple of photos with my CCO in the holster, these were taken with my phone, and do not do the holster justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Although I have never seen one, they have good reviews.

As for high ride, I find it takes too much shoulder to get my hand on a good grip, and a shirt worn outside takes too long to get clear. For those reasons I only use low ride, but the customer is the one to please.
Jerry

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
South Carolina, does not permit open carry at this time, and I'm a little bit leery of being made. So I chose the high ride, it conceals the best. It does take a lot of shoulder, and would not work for anyone with shoulder issues. I may try a mid ride for my next order.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
South Carolina, does not permit open carry at this time, and I'm a little bit leery of being made. So I chose the high ride, it conceals the best. It does take a lot of shoulder, and would not work for anyone with shoulder issues. I may try a mid ride for my next order.
Here are a some I have and like.
Sparks I-BAK, Brommeland Def-Con, plus Rosen PREMR-EXP.

Jerry

·
Registered
396 Posts
Could you take a pic while wearing it, please?

I am curious to see how it rides.

Thanks much. Beautiful holster by the way.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you take a pic while wearing it, please?

I am curious to see how it rides.

Thanks much. Beautiful holster by the way.
Here you go, BTW I'm switching IWB to OWB because I'm getting old and fat, please no comments about the belly monster. I'm not very good at selfies, so be kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good luck with it and enjoy it. With the correct belt you shouldn't feel the weight at all - and you'll likely NOT go back to IWB.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I just got word from Wes yesterday that a holster he built for m CZ PCR is on its way to me too. When trying decide which model to order, I had questions about what model would work best for me and he took the time to send me several photos showing ride height, etc. and recommended the Raider for what I needed to carry. Quality looks very good based on his attached photo .

Wes was a pleasure to work with and turnaround was very fast for a custom ordered product.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thank you very much for the extra photos.

I like the way that rides. I might have to start saving up and order one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts