1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tucker HF1 or Rafter S sharkskin?

I am a new 1911 owner and would like to purchase a new OWB holster and belt for "special occasions" when I don't want to carry one of my Glocks in a kydex IWB. I carry IWB every day for work, but I wear a suit and could carry OWB also, although I have to remove my holster once or twice a day when I enter secure areas, so my Comp-tac CTACs are convenient for daily carry. I also have a CTAC for my 1911.

Nevertheless, I have read numerous holster reviews posted on the forum. I already own or have owned leather holsters from Sparks, Alessi, and FIST, and would like to try something new; no offense, Mr. Alessi; your holsters are masterpieces!

Anyway, I was looking at 1) the Tucker HF1 with full stamping, sweat shield, suede lining, concho (from my state), etc., and a matching belt, or 2) a sharkskin holster and belt from Rafter S. Since this is an indulgence, obviously, I am not concerned about spending or saving a few extra dollars.

I am aware that the principles from both of the afore-mentioned holster-makers are forum members, and I do not intend to be disrespectful by asking other members for advice about their products, since I learned about their products from the numerous exceptional reviews on the forum.

Thank you,

proloader

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
Many good reviews here about the value of Rafter S leatherwork, but I don't have any and won't pass judgement. I can brag up my HF1 from Tucker though! Mine's a plain jane black one, but I love the way it carries. When I see some of Tucker's matching stamped rigs, I fall in love all over again! Also something awfully nice about being able to name the very person who made your gear.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I recently purchased a Rafter S IWB for the 1911. It is very nicely built, and while I haven't carried a real gun in there, it carries my airsoft just fine. I have no experience with their OWB.

The quality is up there with the best of them, although it probably doesn't match a Milt Sparks, or Alessi. I didn't get shark skin, but will likely get one someday.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't have Tucker so I can't help you with that but I have cowhide holster from Rafter and am happy with it, just ordered a cowhide belt from Rafter last week to replace my current belt ( from someone else), then I may get another holster for my other pistol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
proloader said:
Tucker HF1 or Rafter S sharkskin?

Thank you,

proloader
That's interesting ... I faced the same dilemma and "solved"
it by ordering Tucker HF-1 and Rafter S in sharkskin
and Kramer Vertical Scabbard in horse-hide.

:p

I am not kidding you. After the spending spree, my
super-ego had conniptions and put myself on a 3 month
spending freeze.

;)

thanks

Jae

1 - 7 of 7 Posts