1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out www.raftersgunleather.com .
These are the holsters I get to help build , actually I do all of it except the sewing . We will be changing out some of the dark pics as time permits . These do not show the quality of these holsters , they have to be seen to be appreciated .

·
Registered
802 Posts
JAF

Glad to see your site is on the web.

Have one of your sharkskin rigs w/belt (and a leather version as well) that I bought at a show awhile back. Very nice stuff - but that sharkskin is my fave and still looks new - some kind of tough stuff!

Good luck to you

JSP

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello there JSP . Glad to hear your satisfied with our stuff . You probably met my Bosses Steve and Della they usually go to market hall show . we made a dual rig for a set of commanders for a guy from Texas was that you by chance . let everyone you know know about the website its brand new and should help us alot . word of mouth is good to but in this modern society if ya aint on the web your left behind . Happy trails my freind .

·
Registered
802 Posts
No, that wasn't me...but Commanders in "stereo" sounds interesting. Pun intended...

My only "complaint" is that the belt appears to be getting shorter

JSP

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Man are those prices for real. You charge for shark, what others charge for their catalog! I'll definately keep this in mind when I get my 1911. What is delivery time like? Also, do the cowhide versions have more of a "boned in" look to match the 1911's shapes and curves? I hope I described that well enough.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nathan , Yes My son those prices are for real . Usually two to three week delivery unless we have them made up ( Usually have 1911 and glocks already made up . We usually only lightly mold them , they are tight enough trust me , I carry one daily for four years now its still perfect . The only thing that highly detailed "boning" does is take up more time as the inner surfaces are the actual gripping surfaces . We build in the tension in the lower part of the holster . We didnt just sew together some leather and call it a holster we tested them to acheive the proper tension, carry degree cant and height . So far we have only rave reviews . If you mention it in your order though I can really get you some detail molding in it just takes a few more minutes to do . The leather 1911 holsters usually look better than the boxy glock holsters anyway . The belts are great to , I have my original belt now 9 years old it does not sag in the back at all like most belts do . they support the weight of the gun very well , mine has carried a colt most of the time 40 plus oz. weight . Our product is also used and sold through a highly regarded though somewhat unknown training academy at Galena , Missouri the Association of Prefessional Trainers APT ran by B.J. Johnson a former Viet-nam era Seal who trains Law Enforcement , Military and Civilians to . He had a bunch of input into the design of the holsters . They are much more to building holsters than just knowing how to sew and all that . I guarantee you will love your gear or like I said before we will give your money back , we beleive that much in the products . I rate our quality with Sparks , Kramer and Rosen although Rosen was a professional handbag maker and uses that knowledge to acheive the beauty in his fancy leather styles . Were just a bunch of hard working law enforcement/military types who have walked the walk and know what is required to make good stuff . We had to compete in the contract to get the Wilson Combat contract , we competed with some big names and I wont say them here but we won on quality control not low prices , Nuff Said .

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
I wish I could look at your website, but everytime I click on it, I can't see any of the pictures. I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't figured out yet what it is. I can't get past the first page, and I can't see any of the pictures except for the clip on belt badge carriers. (which look very nice, by the way)

As far as the holsters go, they're EXTREMELY well made. I have an APT holster and a combo mag/flashlight pouch for my P7M8. The combo pouch was actually molded for a 1911 mag, but it works with the P7M8 mag. I just wish the holster was made with an FBI rake instead of a straight drop. (hint, hint!)

Good luck, and keep turnin' 'em out!

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi JAFO 216. I just won auctions for a holster, belt and pouch for my Glock 19. Any idea for turn around time? I will post a review here once the rig arrives.

Regards,
Frank

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ks lawman , the new mag pouches have been designed especially for the p-7 mags with a clearance for the little nub that sticks out , this took a little doing but was worth it , we continually are improving as we find things that need addressing .

frank , when did your auction close , it should be within 2 weeks if we dont have it in stock already . i will check on it for you .

nathan , your welcome hope to do some bidness wit ya soon man , you really in japan , stationed there or what . I had family there for awhile in army and navy .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
faiello or frank or whatever , i sure screwed that name up big time didnt i . oh well it sort of sounded the same . sorry

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I'm going to move this to the Parts & Accessories Forum since there's no specific item to sell.

By all means, please continue the discussion!

PS
I have the site bookmarked

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by KSLawman:
I wish I could look at your website, but everytime I click on it, I can't see any of the pictures. I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't figured out yet what it is. I can't get past the first page, and I can't see any of the pictures except for the clip on belt badge carriers. (which look very nice, by the way)
It won't work right with my Netscape 4.7, but works fine with IE5.5

[This message has been edited by FirearmsPlus.FL (edited 05-20-2001).]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys the clip on badge holders are really neat . They have a clip on the back of course and are split into two peices with velcro in the middle so you dont have to monkey around with a pointed object to get the latch locked down . I know I have grown tired of using a small knife to latch mine over the past 11 years . You can also take a peice of chain or string and place between to top peice and use it as a necklace type holder , ( i use parachute cord with a special way of tieing so I cant be choked to death with my own badge holder ) You can also seperate the two halves and carry it in your shirt pocket with the badge hanging out on display . Like everything we played around on this for awhile before finalizing the design . we can also make them custom fit for smaller type badges , we just did a bunch for Mo. dept. of conservation which has badges the size of hat badges , they were sooooo cute . just had to say that .

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
On your front page are any of those for the full size 1911? Which one? Also, do the holsters completely cover the end of the slide or is a little left hanging out?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NATHAN , Hi , The very top right hand holster , tan in color with the brown top band is a full size 5 inch holster as is the black one in the center . we do not offer a holster with an exposed barrel for one simple reason . When sitting down with an exposed barrel in a bikini type holster one can hook the barrel on the arm of a chair and push it up and allow it to fall out when you stand up . this would be rare but I for one do not wish to drop my Roscoe in a crowded resturaunt or worse yet have an A.D. . Thats just a personal and liability point of view . Thanks for asking , feel free to bug me about anything , I check in about every day or so .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys thanks for checking out our stuff , we have had several inquiries in the last week alone things are going great and were ready to serve you promptly . Keep checking it out as we will be building it up more in the next few months . again thanks for your patronage .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts