1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new Kart GS fit barrel on my Mil-Spec. This is my first full GS fit other than my two EZ’s I have done that came out great. Anyway, I have fed all types of ammo through this, +P HP, HP and ball type, and it has not malfunctioned yet. I also have done a post shooting check and have no battering of the upper lugs and a nice fit on the lower feet.

For accuracy today, I went to the range and attempted to shoot off a makeshift rest at 10 yards just for kicks. Makeshift being the hood of the car on a box of ammo. I fired two rounds and they were not even in the same area code!!:confused: Well, that sent me flying as I have had awesome accuracy shooting this thing out to 50 yrds with my new barrel!! So I go offhand and get a 5 shot group in less that an inch, one nice looking hole.:rock: A question to others, do you shoot worse off a rest, crappy, than offhand? I have always had issues trying to shoot off a rest and seem to do better offhand with a handgun.

Anyway, I love this barrel/gun combo. I was shooting at 40 yrds on a 6-inch circle with no misses.

Thank you Mr. Kart.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I tend to shoot better offhand than a rest. Its all in the wrist and practice. Try a better rest and concentrate on the wrist. In my case the eyes are going at close range also and sights are fuzzy. That dont help either. Red Dot helped that.

·
Registered
15,656 Posts
Shooting off a rest will change point of impact. When shooting off a rest make sure that your hands are lightly sitting on the rest and not the gun. A gun shot out of a Ransom Rest will print to a different point than it will off hand. I would tweak the sights to print on target off hand. The gun will recoil differently if it's not in your hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts