1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I picked up my brand new Classic Stainless w/night sights. My first 1911. My first semi-auto for that matter. Haven't taken it to the range yet, but plan to this weekend.

Anyway, as I've become familiarized with the piece and field stripped and inspected it a few times, I noticed something which may or may not be odd. When I rack the slide, and let it slide forward into place, it meets decent resistance from the the disconnector. Not enough that I would imagine it could ever cause malfunction, but enough to make the forward motion decidedly non-smooth when I ride it forward gradually with my hand. Normal or not?

Again, apologies for being a beginner

·
Registered
474 Posts
Kayser,
Shoot the gun for about 500 rds and let the parts settle in. Then see if the problem still exists. One other tip for you: Do not get in the habit of dropping the slide on an empty chamber it can ruin your trigger job. Ride it closed with your hand.

------------------

·
Registered
195 Posts
Make sure you put a drop of oil in the disconnector during normal cleaning. Yes, clean it, lube it, then shoot 300-500rds to break in.

------------------
"That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad"

- Robert Browning -

·
Registered
138 Posts
the stock disconnector and hammer both are MIM (molded) parts. Mine both had 'seams' on the friction surfaces, which I promptly polished/stoned off (not the hooks, rather the sides of the hammer where it contacts frame, and the radius that rides the underside of the slide.) This seems to have helped a little..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts