1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm the proud owner of a Pro Covert II, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I had originally planned on getting the new SIS Pro, but when I went to the gun ship today with my buddy he convinced me to go with the Covert II (due to the lighter weight and Crimson Trace grips). I went to the range this afternoon, and I have to say I'm impressed with the accuracy.

I shot 100 rounds of 230gr Winchester, followed by 50 rounds of 230gr Blazer, and I'm happy to report zero FTF or FTE issues (I was a little worried about the potential for some issues, based on what I've read here and on the other forums).

Man, is this thing a tack driver. I also have a Springfield XD45, and I shoot that well, but I typically shoot just to the left of the bullseye. The Kimber is dead on, there were a number of mags when I punched out the center of the bullseye on the first shot out of the mag.

Anyway, I'm already wondering about the best mags, and I'm looking for advice on which mags I should use and where to purchase?

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Congrats, it always feels great to score on the first shot. I'm assuming you're planning on carrying this piece. Before the Wilson 47 guys get here, I prefer a flush-fitting mag for my concealed pistols. My favorites are the welded baseplate Metalforms, they have their own website to order from.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Kimber is dead on, there were a number of mags when I punched out the center of the bullseye on the first shot out of the mag.
And you need new mags - why?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Wilson 47D's have never given me a problem in either of my Kimbers. I also have two of their new ETM's and they're problem free also. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts