1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rob, good luck. My Pro Eclipse II is on order <still> from Kimber. It'll be a few weeks they say. I guess they're really backed up.

I'm upgrading from the Pro-Carry to the PE2 - just because I want the best possible accuracy and reliability. At first, I wanted to customize the firearm myself, but the PE2 has everything you'd want - and if not - I'll try something else.

Matt, good pick up. You'll be happy with it. A few suggestions:

1. Repalce the plastic mainspring housing with a metal one (or just by a mag well - if you like the look/use of it.)

2. Buy some really good cleaning solvent. The cheaper ammo will leave hardcore lead in the barrel, and it's a pain to clean out. Clean immediately after use - don't wait even a few hours.

3. Consider finishing your PC in Roguard or NP3. The stock finish on the PC is very easy to scratch. And it *will* start fading in places after the first couple of shooting sessions.

4. Most importantly - BUY night sights! (Especially if you plan to carry!)

[This message has been edited by nickcarr (edited 10-17-2001).]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rob, that's the *only* part I wasn't 100% sure about when I first saw the E2. I like the standard 3-hole trigger myself. Supposedly, the lighter trigger is better, but I'd have to shoot it to know for sure. Otherwise, I'll just put in a new trigger.

-Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.