1911Forum banner

New Kimber...

797 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  TLE
...owner that is. I put it on layaway yesterday and will be going to get it on Friday. New Kimber Pro Raptor. Can't wait!!! Will be posting pics as soon as I get it. Already have 2 boxes of S&B to run through it on Friday, but just may have to buy more. Ya'll have some great information on the site, but I am sure I will have alot of questions as time goes on.
Matt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
I picked a Raptor Pro with the IE a month ago, been away visiting relatives for the last 2 weeks so I've been missing her. I've got 300 rounds through here and have had 1 FTF and 1 FTE but it's a great gun, very accurate. Get a few rounds through it and you'll love it more. I'm looking for a holster for mine now as I'll hopefully have my CCW when I get home.

Rock

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has an internal extractor. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow, going straight to the range. Any pointers as for what I should do first, i.e cleaning check out anything?? Its brand new so... Thanks for the welcome.
Matt

· Registered
1,230 Posts
powersplash93 said:
Any pointers as for what I should do first, i.e cleaning check out anything??
Matt
I usually field strip one before going out the door to make sure that it's as good on the inside as the out. There have been a few people find rust on or in the barrel on new pistols or a ding in the slide rails. If you take the slide off and do a quick check, there won't be any doubts later about if they were already there. Give it a good cleaning and lube before you shoot it the first time. Congrats on the addition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.