1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unbeleivable. Went to the range this morning to try the new holster and my Tact II, which just returned from Armscor. BTW I finished the edges of the holster with shoe dye. Decided to shoot from 7 yards. On the first draw I fired and could not see where the impact was. Thought to myself -- not good -- so I pulled the target back to see how far off I was. Could not beleive my eyes - almost dead center bullseye. The dirty bird white number at the center was gone - so I couldn't see that was where I hit. Sent it back out to 7 yards and shot about 50 rounds, mostly double taps with each draw. I know 7 yards is not much, but for me, it was the best I've ever done from a holster since I started shooting in Sept this year.

The holster worked great. Even though it just has a metal clip, it was stable and did not rise up when I drew. Re-holstering was also clean. For 29 bucks, I am very pleased. Posted some pictures of the finished holter and target below. Can see from the pictures, I will need to redo the edges in some places.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good job sir. It's good to feel a sense of accomplishment concerning a good shooting gun and a fine done holster. It is a satisfaction that the anti-gunners just don't understand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Joe you mentioned that the pistol just came back from Armscor. What issues did it have that you needed to send it back to them? If you don't mind me asking of course.

By the way, great job on the shooting and on the holster :) :).

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Seven-yards is about the outer limit of the generally accepted definition of "combat-range" for self-defense (quoting my trainer), so your shooting definitely means a bad day for a bad guy! My congratulations and admiration, Sir!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe you mentioned that the pistol just came back from Armscor. What issues did it have that you needed to send it back to them? If you don't mind me asking of course.

By the way, great job on the shooting and on the holster :) :).
Thanks -- I have another post about the problems I had. The slide just jammed closed. I could not pull it back no matter how hard I pulled. It took me about 10-15 minutes of fiddling with the slide before it would release and eject the round in the chamber. I think it was related to the TulAmmo I was using. It occurred twice, all involving Tul. Once I had accidently loaded 2 TulAmmo rounds in with some Remington. Everything was fine until the Tul made it to the chamber. I had to leave the range with a jammed slide. If you search on my posts you will find a fair amount of detail. I have not tried TulAmmo since it came back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts