1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Colt LW Commander XSE today and when I got home it only had one magazine. I called the dealer to see if I had left it on the counter or if he had it for some reason. He said he didn't have it so I call Colt's customer service and talked to a rep. He told me it it should have come with two magazines and to have my dealer call Colt and they would ship another one.
My dealer just call after talking to Colt and they told him that since my gun was made before October 1 it only came with one magazine. Does this sound right?
Should it have shipped with only one magazine?

·
Registered
203 Posts
All of the Colts i've purchased for the at least the last 10 years have come with two magazines. I think your dealer has removed the magazine to increase his profit margin by $20 to $25.

For some reason though, the Kimbers I have acquired over the last six months only come with one magazine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Somebody correct me if I wrong but I believe that the XSE pistols shipped with just one mag. I'm sure some XSE owners can verify this.

Mike

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Got XSE LW Commander last year, it came with two mags, the new release S70 came with two mags and the NRM 1991 came with two mags.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Now, your dealer has either gotten another $20.00 padded into his margin, or just didn't bother calling. I'd call Colt customer service back, tell them your serial #, who your dealer was, and tell them to just ship the magazine directly to you and skip the one they're likely sending the dealer.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
banzaijohn said:
All of the Colts i've purchased for the at least the last 10 years have come with two magazines. I think your dealer has removed the magazine to increase his profit margin by $20 to $25.

For some reason though, the Kimbers I have acquired over the last six months only come with one magazine.
Colt went to one mag back in 99-00, and then returned to two mag's last year.
We still have a few guns with only one mag for instance.

Kimber's were always one mag, except the Royal and Gold Match, and they've been one mag for years now. (I think the first two years they had two.)

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I just bought an XSE LW less than a month ago and it had 2 mags with it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I recently (and very luckily) acquired two of the new Colt Custom Shop Series 70 guns and each of them came with one magazine. Go figure. The blue one came in the ornate Custom Shop box and the SS one came in the regular factory blue plastic box - - again, go figure. As good as they are though, I wouldn't have cared if Colt wrapped them in toilet paper and didn't give me any mags. The blue is slated for Chuck Rogers and the SS will be going to CT Brian. If I can find a couple of more, Ted Yost will be making me a matched pair of Enhanced 1* guns.

·
Registered
358 Posts
My XSE LW Commander also came with 2 magazines.

This past week I purchased a new Gold Cup and it also came with 2 magazines, an extra recoil spring, and a bushing wrench.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine came w/ 2: an 8 rnd & 7 rnd. Wouldn't trust my life to either of 'em though. They only lock the slide back intermittenty. Just junk IMHO.

Using Wilson 8 rounders. 100% no problemo!

LTW Commander

1 - 16 of 16 Posts