1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this isn't the first post but the keywords are all too short to search so here's the deal. A buddy and I just both got 5" LW Operators, yay huzzar and whatnot. The 7 round mags that came with the guns all worked fine in both guns. However, we tried 6 Wilson 47Ds, 4 8rnd CMC Shooting Stars, 4 Wilson ETMs, and 2 mags that came with my Taurus 1911 (all of these mags function perfectly in the Taurus, by the way). The Taurus mags SOMETIMES locked the slide back on the last round, the rest all failed unless you let the slide forward very slowly.

To me these are broken guns, how do we fix them? I'm not looking for "buy different mags", I like my guns to work with whatever (quality) mag I put in it.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
The slide stop on mine has a very noticeable seam that runs the complete length of the pin. I could see that causing the slide stop to "stick" in place, not rotate up in time to engage.

I took a stone to mine, just to knock down the ledge... very piss pour I agree.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The seam both along the body of the slide stop and along the pin are very fine, too fine it seems to cause this problem. Thank you for the input though!

·
Banned
486 Posts
Dont hit me, and don't tell anyone I am here, lol

Hey, I look through these forums and it seems all brands seem to have issues. I don't like blocks or plastic guns, I honestly am torn between the TRP and the Dan Wesson Valor, I would like to really keep this low key, don't hate me, or make fun of my gun.
I live my life wearing an EMP I love very very much.

Is there slide locking and etc happening to the new springers also? And on this thread, I know it's looking like a mag thing, but was the gun broken, cleaned, over oiled, racked 500 times, repeat, clean, oil properly then try for a run of clean shooting (break in), My question is is this normal in TRP's?
Are you guys seeing issues a lot, or is it very sparse, and possible the break in wasn't done?
I just want a TRP, and I want to feel good about buying it.

Thanks so much, and if you'll let me, I'll take picks of my EMP and post them.

I am a Springer too!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
This is a problem common to Springfield's and Wilson's.My Operator would not lock and neither would the Loaded I had.I have read that it's mostly 8 round Wilson's that are the culprit.I had 8 round Para mags that worked.Seems I read its the Wilson followers that cause the trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased an LW Operator a couple months ago. The pistol had a similar problem, very tight, slide release was impossible to release (loaded and unloaded mags) after the gun locked back. We tried several brands of magazines, but still no joy. The release was also very difficult to place back into the gun during assembly. The spring was very stiff.

The store took it back the next day when they could not get the gun to work either. They sent it back to SA and I got my money back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts