1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
r379 said:
Unless I'm mistaken (always a possibility) Cylinder & Slide has them and you might check Brownells.
Yes, C&S has them for $40 with the mouse trap spring. I recently bought a Mecgar 15 rounder for my BHP 9mm. Works perfectly and cost was alot less. However, I do not have the mag safety installed so non sprung mags drop free.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just remove the mag disconnect and then you won't need the "mousetrap." Better trigger pull, mags drop free, gun is safer because you don't need to insert a mag to decock it after clearing it. Problem solved.

·
Registered
589 Posts
DMF said:
Just remove the mag disconnect and then you won't need the "mousetrap." Better trigger pull, mags drop free, gun is safer because you don't need to insert a mag to decock it after clearing it. Problem solved.
After clearing a HP, you can put a finger up the mag well with your off hand and push on the mag disconnect tab. While doing that, dry fire the (just cleared) gun to uncock it. You don't need to put a mag in it. As always, keep the muzzle in a safe direction.

Hankster

·
Registered
32 Posts
I beleive McGar mags are the OEM mags used in the BHP. I have some 10rd in my juck box that are made by McGar and have the little mouse trap springs.
However, I have shot BHPs for over 20 yrs and never really felt the need for the "mouse trap" gimick mags. With proper training and practice you dont really need a drop free mag for a fast mag change.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
My Mec-Gar and factory mags fly right out without the mousetrap spring. I prefer not to have them. But I can understand how some people would find them useful for competition. Imagine CCW with them though, your mag release accidently gets bumped or you get in a tussle and that fully loaded mag goes flying making your gun into a nice, ubertactical, single shot. :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.