1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New member here. A little about me. I grew up in a military family. Dad retired from the navy after 24 years. So I think I know why I'm drawn to the 1911 platform. I have shot in the past, but never owned my own gun. I've been doing research for my first gun finally, I'm 25, and have pretty much decided on a 1911 in 9mm. I know its not the purest but hey, first gun and cheap ammo to let me go more often. I'm super excited about this, and believe it will go well with my knife and paintball hobbies. Its nice living in Tampa where there are a few close places to go shoot fairly easily. Any who lots more reading for me and hopefully I'll find a nicely priced one eventually that I can pick up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all! Super excited to be getting into this. I found a nice guide to a few different ones to choose from so we shall see what I am ending up with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I think I'm gonna do an RIA 19119mm Tactical. I am reading pretty much nothing but good about them, and if and when I decide I love shooting these, I'll be more than happy to get a "nicer" one in the future. This will be a good start which will allow me to get good pistol fundamentals at a cheap price. Hopefully I can get it in the next few weeks. Just shopping around now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts