1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself--I've been lurking on this board for quite a while and just bought a new Les Baer PII based on comments and recommendations here via John at Proload.
I've been in the shooting arena for quite a while, I am a retired Air Force officer, and shot competitively throughout my career. I am now a teacher high school rifle team coach and an NRA instructor.
I have also been a gripmaker for 15 years, mainly for single action revolvers, but have done 1911's as well when requested for special events. I'm not plugging a business as I mainly build as a hobby and only take a few orders as i work full time. My website is www.skgrips.com
Heres a set of giraffe bone grips I made for John Taffin's Wilson 38 super article a while back. I've been blessed with the opportunity to be in many magazine, books, and articles.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome to the group. Nice looking pistol you got there.. :rock:

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. The grips presented on your website are beautiful, and I hope you'll post more pictures as time goes by, especially of 1911 grips.

Take care, Steve

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for your service. Great looking grips on that pistol. I recently acquired a Les Baer also (an SRP in my case). You'll find great information and friendly chat on this site.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I thought at one time, new members, that had a hobby like yours gave the members who've been around awhile 75% if they buy something from you. :biglaugh: JK

Those Mesquite Burl grips you show are truly beautiful. Be proud of your work.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Welcome here. :) Come visit us down in the Dan Wesson forum. We need new meat. :biglaugh: (sorry, I mean new great folks) :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, I'm new here too and really enjoying this forum. Alot of good info and for the most part a lot of fun with the back and forth.

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts
I thought at one time, new members, that had a hobby like yours gave the members who've been around awhile 75% if they buy something from you. :biglaugh: JK

Those Mesquite Burl grips you show are truly beautiful. Be proud of your work.
OK for you special price instead of $100 today only $175.

Is that fair enough?

:biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts