1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I am relatively new to short-barrel firearms, but always knew my first would be a 1911. My prevous firearms CV is hunting (rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader), followed by ACTUALLY learning to shoot during my stay on "scenic" Parris Island. I am bucking family tradition in my choice of sidearm (Para-Ordnance GI Expert). My father, brother, and wife all carry those ugly Austrian plastic things..... They do perform nicely, but lack the elegance and history that drew me to the 1911 in the first place. I look forward to learning from all the experience this forum has to offer!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello From the Sunshine State

Greetings all! I am relatively new to short-barrel firearms, but always knew my first would be a 1911. My prevous firearms CV is hunting (rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader), followed by ACTUALLY learning to shoot during my stay on "scenic" Parris Island. I am bucking family tradition in my choice of sidearm (Para-Ordnance GI Expert). My father, brother, and wife all carry those ugly Austrian plastic things..... They do perform nicely, but lack the elegance and history that drew me to the 1911 in the first place. I look forward to learning from all the experience this forum has to offer!
:cool: Welcome, we just spent a week driving up the Shenandoah valley with stops at the Frontier culture museum, Harpers Ferry and Pricketts Fort in W.V.. Saw some colorful autumn leaves. I like my Kimber Custom Defender II but just got a new SR 22 Ruger pistol and it is a sweet little firearm.
OGC5

·
Registered
887 Posts
Greetings from a fellow Virginian.... Judging from the NRV portion of your forum handle you are somewhere on or near the "New".
You would be hard pressed to find a 1911 information center as good as this.
Your age of 33 tells me you are not likely going through what those other "grunts" have to endure while at Parris Island. Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts