1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New WW2 Mil-Spec has Arrived..Pic added

Got my new WW2 Mil-Spec today, about a week later than I should have, my FFL guy had to resend his FFL because of some illegible numbers on the one he sent. Fit and finish are fine, looks good, I immediately took off the black plastick grips and replaced with black Hogue rubber panel grips. Feels much better. After I shoot a few hundred rounds I'll decide if I want to do any upgrades but I doubt it, I like it the way it is. Got it off GunBrokers, cost with shipping and my FFL guy was $416.00 total. It will be used as my other CCW gun, Im packing an XD in 357sig daily and I'll give it a break. Almost forgot, the only thing I didnt like was the cheap looking mag......Ive got other good mags so its no big deal but I just thought it looked cheap. Any one have any problems with their factory mag it comes with????

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Say there NevadaPistolero, cool blaster huh? Does yours have the blocky frame? Curious if the Hogue wraparounds fit the square frame guns okay...

The factory mag works well in mine, as do Powermags and ShootingStars.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I ordered 3 extra mags with the coupon that came with my Mil-Spec, and they have all been excellent.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JeffC, I put panel grips on them not the wraparounds, I do have a set of Pachmeyers wrap arounds but I like the panels, they look like original diamonnd grips but just black and rubber. I cant wait to go out and ty it out. i dont think Ive seen the difference in the blocky frame compared to the rounded. As soon as I can see them together and tell the difference guess I wont know. I'll post a pic later today and you can tell me :) GI-45 Does the extra mags you ordered have the 2 holes in the bottom also. I already had some good mags, a Springfield NM, a Colt, Wilson and some 9 and 10 round no names that work great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture of new gun

Heres a pic of the gun......is it rounded or squared????

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
....squared, just like mine :) . Those grips look cool!

With all these photos I'm seeing of WWIIs with different grips I'm never going to be able to decide :confused: . But that's a good problem :D .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll tell you man those grip screws were in there tight, I may have cross threaded one when putting it back on, it went on real good untill it was time to tighten it and it got really hard for the last 5-7 turns. I dont know? Hope not but those grips will probably be staying on anyway, they feel real good.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
GI-45 Does the extra mags you ordered have the 2 holes in the bottom also.
Yep, 2 holes in the bottom of each mag. They work great, although I only use hardball. Never tried anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts