1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Talk about a clone! Looks like a Kimber Two Tone. Even the grips are extremely similar.

They say that to copy another's product is the greatest form of flattery. I wonder if Kimber will send a thank you note to SA?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,327 Posts
Two tone 1911s have been around since the 70s. It's not a new thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice looking gun. I see on a couple websites that they are selling between $700-$800 price range. That's a lot of gun for the price. I'll probably pick one up once the stores are saturated with them. I think it's a hammer forged slide and frame. I'll use it as a carry gun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Marines who ran thousands of rounds through their early M45A1 pistols found several slides had cracked or completely separated, and the sharp corners present in those serrations were pinpointed as the cause. Colt modified the serrations to eliminate the stress risers and the issues went away. However as you noted Colt continued to offer the old-style serrations on the XSE models, which I assume meant they didn't think civilian owners were going to be that hard on their guns. After all, if you want to find out if it's possible to break a gun just give it to a Marine to play with.
But if you really want it broke right, give it to an Army Pvt. Hammer, meet anvil = both broken.:biglaugh:

And nothing beats a Colt Government Model Special Combat in looks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think it is a great looking pistol but I too would want Front strap checkering. I sent my 9mm range officer operator to Clark Custom Guns for a checkering job they did a great job for a reasonable price. They also got it back to me in a very short time, seems like it was about 5 weeks

·
Super Moderator
13,327 Posts
DeNiro - the most left wing, anti gun, openly hostile to the 2nd Amendment actor - use handguns in roles that make him multi million dollars. Hypocrite.

Still don't like the name.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like the looks of this pistol a lot, but I hate the front slide serrations, as many of us do. Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

I don't even mind the plastic trigger if it's smooth and snug-ish. I think their marketing is off a hair. This isn't an "Operator". It's an "Elite Neopolitan"...with 3 distinct flavors...vanilla stainless, chocolate blue, and strawberry wood :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

Yep use them every day, to press check.
Use them every time at the range to manipulate the slide.
Much faster for me and more comfortable.
Also keeps my big paws out of the way of the ejection port when clearing the gun if needed.
To each his own.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Still not spending any of my money on one ! I want an ACW with front strap checkering and all real steel construction, that’ll make me smile and the ejector is pinned as well. ��

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think it is a great looking pistol but I too would want Front strap checkering. I sent my 9mm range officer operator to Clark Custom Guns for a checkering job they did a great job for a reasonable price. They also got it back to me in a very short time, seems like it was about 5 weeks
Evolution Armory did the checkering on mine, a must have for me too. I think they turned it around in a week (unfinished) but I was sending it to Severns for Hard Hat.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The 4.25 barrel model caught my eye.
Springfield never did a 4.45 barrel with a bushing.
I'm not buying one due to the glued ejector.

BUT WHAT THIS THREAD REALLY NEEDS IS A PICTURE OF A Pachmayr Combat SPECIAL!

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
And nothing beats a Colt Government Model Special Combat in looks.

EXCEPT the TGO-1 Kills the Colts looks . All that writing on the slide just makes
The CGMSC look way to busy and out dated . Then add in the fact it has no
checkering for a Combat Model .

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Talk about a clone! Looks like a Kimber Two Tone. Even the grips are extremely similar.

They say that to copy another's product is the greatest form of flattery. I wonder if Kimber will send a thank you note to SA?
At a shop I work at, the two tone Custom II outsells the stainless version 5:1. It's an elegant 1911, but I like the Springfield better.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

Yep use them every day, to press check.
Use them every time at the range to manipulate the slide.
Much faster for me and more comfortable.
Also keeps my big paws out of the way of the ejection port when clearing the gun if needed.
To each his own.
I respect that, and I didn't mean to offend. Maybe there are enough proponents of the serrations to merit them. I just don't see the point, and I apologize for it.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Does anyone know when these are supposed to start showing up at the shops?

Its showing on their website . So you should be able to order them Now .

9MM - PX9119L / 45ACP PX9120L

61 - 80 of 102 Posts