1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have seen several online sites with this model shown in their catalog but none have any in stock. It seems to be a Commander counterpart to the Custom Competition model. It will be interesting to see if these actually become available.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...607993821999074051&selectedIndex=4&ajaxhist=0
Finally ! Someone sees this model. I saw it 2 years ago at shot show, (Mark's gun). O4040CS. It is real nice. This year I saw it again on display and it was locked because again it was the same gun from Mark's collection. I have been waiting to put in an order on this since i saw it. First time they incorporate Stan Chen parts, that I know of.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,009 Posts
Wow, that's a lot more custom than most "custom" Colts; price north of $2000?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back when Colt first started shipping the Custom Competition guns I heard a rumor they were thinking of bringing out a Custom Carry with the same build quality (all forged or tool steel parts, hand fit, etc...). Now after Coquio's post I am wondering if the listings on the vendor sites are just old.

Yes, I think it's safe to assume that if these ever see the light of day they will be north of $2000.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I want

·
Registered
99 Posts
Back when Colt first started shipping the Custom Competition guns I heard a rumor they were thinking of bringing out a Custom Carry with the same build quality (all forged or tool steel parts, hand fit, etc...). Now after Coquio's post I am wondering if the listings on the vendor sites are just old.

Yes, I think it's safe to assume that if these ever see the light of day they will be north of $2000.
This model was included in their colt printed catalog for 2 years in row. What I heard from a guy at colt was they were having trouble with the bean counters at upper management approving the build. Stan Chen posted a few months ago a picture of some part and said they were going out tho an industry partner. I wonder if it was finally approved. Now with the covid who knows when. That model has top serrations, reverse crown barrel, stan chen grip and thumb safety, slide stop, his Gen2 magwell, Chen sights and hammer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That Stan Chen and his fabled magwell.. I have never handled one, but man do I like it. It reduces sullying the elegance of the 1911, and keeps you from missing mag changes. I hope we see these available soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
very nice, but is even in production?
That's the question, and the point of this thread. No one seems to know if these are or will be produced, but they are shown on several online vendor sites with zero inventory.
In the usual Colt fashion they made one, put it out there so people could see it and they hold off on it waiting for us to hype it up and then maybe they produce it. Found the colt catalog from 2 shot shows ago. It is listed at $2499

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Magwell, the rear sight, possibly the thumb and grip safety are all Stan Chen parts.

Wish Colt put this on the market instead of a Python that was one run, some of the guns didn't even work,
And now there is no more.
I love Colts, but the people that run that company should all be fired.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Magwell, the rear sight, possibly the thumb and grip safety are all Stan Chen parts.

Wish Colt put this on the market instead of a Python that was one run, some of the guns didn't even work,
And now there is no more.
I love Colts, but the people that run that company should all be fired.
They all are from stan. Also slide stop and hammer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Photo

1 - 20 of 107 Posts