1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I read the Custom Shop is temporarly closed.
Boy I really wish they would produce this gun, but I don't think it will happen any time soon

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just realized my Custom Competition needs a little brother. Will tag to keep informed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't think Colt will be producing this pistol any time soon either, unfortunately.

On the other hand, I did just order a Custom Shop Commander Elite two-tone. Model number is O4012XSZ. The one picture on GB shows an all stainless gun, but most of them are two-tone. Not many produced.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Mark, the one I came up with on Gunbroker, looks like the old XSE model with some checking on the front strap.
Price is close to 3 grand. I thinks it's a Lew Horton gun.
Lew Horton closed shop end of 2019 so that might add some value
But I'm not seeing that kind of money in this gun.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mark, the one I came up with on Gunbroker, looks like the old XSE model with some checking on the front strap.
Price is close to 3 grand. I thinks it's a Lew Horton gun.
Lew Horton closed shop end of 2019 so that might add some value
But I'm not seeing that kind of money in this gun.
Yes I saw that one too. Not the same pistol as what I ordered but possibly similar. I am also not paying close to 3 grand.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great looking pistol!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I am really liking this gun. The Stan Chen parts set it apart from other 1911's.
So how do we get Colt to make it?
I went to Stan Chens web site and the thumb and grip safety and magwell are available. But the rear sight and hammer isn't.
Don't know if these are parts that were made special just for Colt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to hop on this thread and give a quick update. I’m glad many of you are excited about this pistol, and so are we!

We just got word from Colt that the new, limited edition “Custom Carry” Commander is now in full swing at the Colt Custom Shop. We were told they are being built and have begun shipping to distributors.

The new “Custom Carry’ features the integration of several machined-from-barstock Chen Custom Parts, including our Gen2 Magwell, Beavertail Grip Safety, Full-Length Thumb Safety, Angled Magazine Catch, and Full Custom Rear Sight. Combined with the fine craftsmanship from the gunsmiths in the Custom Shop, you have the makings of a superb carry piece.

We are super excited for the release of this pistol. The idea was to build a carry piece with some of the most sought-after features that a 1911 aficionado would order from a custom gunsmith. We believe the inclusion of our custom parts help to elevate the pistol, given their flowing, elegant design, and meticulous quality of manufacture.

We got to check out a sample at SHOT earlier this year and we’re thrilled at how it came out. Ask your dealer to order one, check it out, and tell us what you think!

So stay tuned and look for that announcement from Colt! Thanks so much for your interest!

-Stan

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Okay I've got one of these coming and I will post some info as I get a chance to evaluate it. I do more shooting with 38 Super nowadays, but I want to put enough rounds through this gun to vet it for carry.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts