1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
The bottom of the frame being cut off and the magwell welded to the frame, to make the total length of the frame with the magwell the same size as a full size gun is very "Trick".
Richard Heinie marketed a Magwell like this about 20 years ago. It wasn't for the home gunsmith or the faint of heart.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Put 100 rounds through the Custom Carry Limited today, which is nothing, but it ran great. The sights are easy to see and it's a joy to shoot, as expected.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good 2400. Gunbroker one sold for 2600.
I'm seeing them on Gun broker as high as 3 grand..
Let's put this in context. As a 1911 it's expensive, in the world of custom 1911's it's a bargain.
That much work done by a high end smith would put this gun in the 5 grand or more range.

·
Super Moderator
13,349 Posts
The bottom of the frame being cut off and the magwell welded to the frame, to make the total length of the frame with the magwell the same size as a full size gun is very "Trick".
Richard Heinie marketed a Magwell like this about 20 years ago. It wasn't for the home gunsmith or the faint of heart.
Briley also had a similar magwell concept.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks, I knew I had seen the prices but could not remember. I have had over a half dozen Colts from the Custom Shop, the one I have purchased this year probably had the best quality of them all.

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Those are the nicest looking Colt 1911’s that I’ve seen since they rolled out the O1070RGZ’ six years ago. Actually, the O4040CS’ look even better, much more refined.

Those are spectacular pistols. Pretty darn special in my option!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wonder if there are plans to make a government model?? Id buy one for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 87 Posts