1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here’s a little spy photo of the long awaited Prodigy. Hope you like a little retro paper slayer. When I say it's a "spy photo", that means that we don't necessarily have guns built and waiting. It's a prototype at this point. All indications are that this model is a go though. It'll just be a matter of a couple of months.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
FWIW, I find the looks of this 1911 very appealing. The squared off trigger guard really does it for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree the squared off guard is great. I have a Classic Carry on order and holster, looks like another Alchemy and holster will be on order!

·
Registered
30 Posts
A Classic Carry in hard chrome with the squared trigger guard would remind me of Armand Swenson’s 1911 “old smoothie”!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just when I thought I had figured out the specs of my future order, Rob drops this gem. Now I am in a conundrum because this prototype has my old S.O. badge number (if the prototype ever goes up for sale?). Then again the squared trigger guard and Bomar style sight with a hard chrome lower would would be a fountain of youth. Crap! Looks like I am back to square one (especially since there may be additional new models on the horizon).

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
My correction from an earlier post, it was Bob Loveless that had done a 1911 he called "old smoothie" not Armand Swenson.

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
Nope. I don't like it either. But I'm probably going to change the grips anyhow, so it's not a factor.
Color me in that same boat also. I prefer the flat bottom grips with a mag well, and the bevel bottom grips without the mag well. All personal taste for sure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
OK Rob, this thing is clearly awesome.

A hard Chrome lower with a blued Slide, and all we need is a Mix-Tape recorded off the radio to complete the journey back to that time.

Your 1911’s are everything a 1911 should be, and nothing they should not.

If I get another 1911, I am getting a Prime in 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
To be clear, I very much like the gun, but my aesthetics are for flat bottom grips on a mag well gun and bevel bottom on a non-mag well gun. Rob, that Prodigy is a great looking 1911 with definite appeal to those who like classic lines (like I do).

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All this grip debate is exactly the reason I don't overthink grips on my guns. Give guys a decent looking set of Walnut grips and let them dress the gun up to their taste. It's kind of a motto I have. Too many semi-custom makers force you in to a fancy set of grips that you may or may not like and then pass the cost on to you.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts